CHAPTER ONE

Jade, a vibrant young lady who just turned twenty, has made a bold decision that will change her life forever. She has decided to join her closest friend, Hisoka, on a thrilling adventure to participate in the prestigious Hunter Exams.

While many hunters were drawn to the glamorous promises of fame and fortune, Jade's motivation was rooted in a much deeper connection. Her sole purpose was to be in Hisoka's presence, and she was willing to brave any obstacles that came their way. The allure of the hunter's title paled compared to the fulfillment she found in simply being close to him, making her journey a testament to the power of love and devotion.

Weeks of sailing through uncharted waters had led Jade and Hisoka to the enchanting Zaban City. As Jade and Hisoka drew closer to the bustling city, her eyes were immediately drawn to the exam venue's exterior. It was impossible for her not to notice the building's outward appearance, which seemed to exude an air of modesty and constraint. Despite the city's grandeur, the exam location appeared diminutive and confined, almost as if it were trying to hide its significance amidst the towering structures surrounding it.

Jade was anxious about the limited space and how it would affect her comfort. But as they were ushered in, she soon discovered that things are not always as they seem. Little did she know that the room they were led to was not what it appeared to be. In reality, it was a cleverly disguised elevator that would transport them to the actual examination room.

The true essence of the space was cleverly concealed, showcasing a stroke of brilliance. Jade and Hisoka stepped into the elevator, only to discover that they were the early birds among the participants.

Jade's preferences and habits were no mystery to Hisoka. He proposed that they find a more secluded spot with no one else around. "Let's go sit over there," Hisoka proposed. With a mischievous chuckle, he added, "You can lay your head on my lap and sleep until someone wakes you." Hisoka's suggestion was met with a brief nod and a smile from Jade.

As they found their ideal spot, Jade and Hisoka made themselves at home. Jade rested her head on Hisoka's lap and soon fell into a peaceful slumber. Hisoka, in a caring gesture, lovingly stroked her hair as she slept.

After a couple of hours, Hisoka's keen eyes caught sight of the room gradually filling up. The atmosphere was charged with excitement as a crowd started to assemble. With a gentle yet firm grip, Hisoka lifted Jade's limp body and began to make his way to their new location. It was a spot that he had chosen with great care, one that he returned to every year without fail.

Known for his mysterious demeanor and remarkable judgment, Hisoka was a figure who always kept others on their toes with his unpredictable actions. despite his mischievous nature, Hisoka wouldn't dare disrupt Jade's peaceful slumber unless there was a strong motive compelling him to do so. He cared deeply about her well-being and had no desire to abandon her to the discomfort of the icy, unforgiving floor.

The room was shrouded in an unsettling silence, devoid of any signs of life or activity. It felt as if time had come to a halt, freezing the very moment in an eerie stillness. Amidst the calmness that enveloped the surroundings, Hisoka's perceptive eyes swiftly spotted a gathering of youthful newcomers engrossed in a spirited conversation with the notorious troublemaker, Tonpa. Despite the tempting allure of potential entertainment, Hisoka opted to disregard their presence, at least for the time being.

In the blink of an eye, a regrettable mishap unfolded as an unsuspecting person carelessly bumped into Hisoka, nearly causing him to lose his hold on Jade, who was peacefully dozing in his embrace. 

Hisoka's emotions were running high, but he refused to let them show. He put on a mask of composure, even though he was seething inside. His smile was a tool he used to hide his true feelings, and he wore it well. As the nameless individual stood face to face with Hisoka, the mysterious magician flawlessly turned to acknowledge his presence. His smirk, a carefully constructed mask, cloaked any hint of displeasure that lay behind it.