CHAPTER THREE

The cards whizzed past Satotz, missing their intended target by a hair's breadth. Jade's anticipation was on point as she effortlessly evaded the cards, showcasing her incredible agility and sharp instincts. She had already foreseen their path and skillfully dodged them before they could make contact.

Jade had predicted Hisoka's behavior, knowing exactly how he would react if he didn't trust the nameless man. The shocked gasps and stunned expressions on everyone's faces brought a chuckle to Hisoka. He couldn't resist the satisfaction he felt from his impact on people, especially Jade.

"I see, I see," Hisoka remarked, his voice dripping with amusement. "That settles it then, so you are the real one," he said, his hands lazily toying with the cards in his grip. His gaze shifted effortlessly from Jade to Satotz, his eyes gleaming with mischief.

Jade's astonishment overflowed, and she couldn't help but inquire, "You mean you weren't sure?"

The widening of Hisoka's grin was a telltale sign of his true nature. His smile exuded confidence and a hint of mystery, leaving those around him wondering what he was thinking. he nodded in response to Jade, enjoying the intrigue he had created.

A few moments later, Satotz nonchalantly dropped the cards that were thrown at him. The room fell silent as everyone watched in anticipation. Satotz's nonchalant reaction left everyone in awe, wondering what was to come next.

"The examiners are hunters," Hisoka began to explain, his voice projecting clearly so that everyone in the room could hear him. However, his gaze was fixed solely on Jade, as if he was speaking solely to her. "Each examiner is meticulously selected by the exam committee to fulfill this role, and they do so voluntarily, without any form of monetary compensation." As Hisoka paused, his words lingered in the air, leaving a sense of anticipation. His confidence was palpable, radiating from his very being.

The way he spoke held an undeniable charm that Jade couldn't resist. It was as if his words had cast a spell on her, leaving her entranced and hanging onto his every word.

"Anyone with that title could have deflected that attack quite easily, I might add." Hisoka finished putting his cards back into his pocket and his other hand back in a protective hold around Jade.

"I'll take that as a compliment, thank you," Satotz replied, his voice steady and composed. Although his tone was firm, there was no hint of aggression in his words.

After attacking Satotz, Hisoka didn't seem to be bothered by the warning at all. Instead, he raised an eyebrow, almost as if he was daring anyone to try and stop him from doing whatever he pleased.

"Still, should you choose to attack me again for any reason, I will have no choice but to report you for attacking an examiner and have you immediately disqualified," Satotz continued, his words carrying a weight of authority.

Satotz locked eyes with Hisoka, his gaze unwavering and filled with determination. There was a gravity to his expression, a seriousness that hinted at the weight of the situation.

Unfazed, Hisoka maintained his cool demeanor, a sly smirk adorning his face. It was evident that he took delight in the current circumstances, almost as if he relished the challenge that Satotz had presented.

"Of course," Hisoka replied, his voice laced with a hint of arrogance. Satotz's threat didn't deter him. He was confident in his abilities and was unafraid of the consequences.

Jade's eyes were drawn to the lifeless body lying on the ground, surrounded by a flock of birds. As the birds voraciously picked at the lifeless body, resembling a pack of hungry vultures indulging in their feast. It was impossible for her not to notice the morbid scene before her. As she stood there, her curiosity piqued, she couldn't tear her gaze away. The birds, with their sharp beaks, mercilessly pecked at the nameless man's clothes, tearing them apart piece by piece. It was a bizarre sight that left Jade both fascinated.