02. prologue

narrator.

sage irwin was casted as adaline odair for the new hunger games movie, the ballad of songbirds and snakes. adaline odair is supposed to be finnick odair's grandmother during this timeline. however, that's a plot for a different story that will be told another time.

she was a big fan of the hunger games since she was younger and she was so excited when she got casted as adaline odair... she immediately called her best friend, madelyn cline. madelyn was so happy for her and promised to visit her in berlin whenever she can.

sage quickly finished filming her portion of the summer i turned pretty first before she traveled on over to berlin in the summer of 2022.

when she arrived in berlin, settled into her new setting for work and soon joined the table read, cast outings, and more... she quickly gained new friends like rachel zegler, josh riveria, hunter schafer, and tom blyth. even though her role as adaline odair didn't have as much screen time as rachel and tom, she still became very close friends with them all.

sage's friendship with rachel and josh considered an average close friendship. they weren't her bestest of friends like madelyn, but it was pretty damn close to it. her friendship with hunter was pretty good too, if sage needed to gossip to somebody, it would 100% be to hunter.

but how does one begin to explain a friendship with tom blyth?

it was weird. she couldn't say she was good friends with him. no, they didn't hate each other. he was just pretty standoffish with her at first and she was a little offended, but she got used to it thinking that was just him. though, she still wondered why he was like that to her? maybe she did something to him? she didn't understand what she could have done wrong and she never asked either.

she had quite a few scenes with tom during the filming of tbosas and it actually gave tom a boost into not being so distant from sage. they eventually began to talk here and there, becoming just friends.

though, when tom had to get the buzzcut for his character. boy, did that give sage a rude awakening.

pretty men with buzzcuts should be illegal. she felt like she couldn't breathe when they had to do scenes together during this time.

and why? the new haircut made her have a fat crush on him to say the least. and that crush continued until the end of filming. however, she never told anybody nor did she act on it either.

soon everybody parted ways living wise, but they all stayed in contact through a group chat. sage went back to charleston, south carolina to live back with her best friend. tom went back to his hometown, rachel and josh did too. and hunter went back to LA for a bit.

unfortunately, sage didn't see them much since then because she was busy with the interviews, photo shoots, etc since the release of the summer i turned pretty season 2 and outer banks season 3.

up until the day came when the tbosos cast all had to start posting, traveling, and doing press tours for their new movie.

that changed a lot of dynamics. especially the dynamic between her and tom blyth.

——
decided to give you guys a simple prologue to give an insight to the story of this book :') i didn't want anybody to be lost

anyhoo though.. thanks for reading this!! go ahead and follow my twitter hemmovity for updates, content, and what not <3