06. berlin nights

irl

sage, tom, rachel, and josh were about a few blocks away from their arrival to the berlin press tour.

"god, i hope i don't freeze out there." sage pointed out looking at the weather app on her phone.

tom was currently seated next to the door of the van, sage was sitting to his left between him and josh, and rachel was to the left of josh. they were definitely highly crammed next to one another.

"we are here." the driver of the van said.

"thank you!" rachel said to the driver as someone outside opened the door of the van for us.

tom stepped off the van's steps first onto the red carpet trail that leads into the venue. he turned around facing the van's door and held out his hand for sage to take so she didn't possibly trip off the van.

when josh got out next, he did the same as tom, holding out his hand for his girlfriend so she would get out of the van safely.

"let's get this show on the road, shall we?" josh said loudly as he held out his arm for rachel to take.

the four walked down the red carpet trail into the venue. once they were inside the venue, the flashing lights of cameras were the first to be noticed. then the interviewers with microphones waiting for one of the four to come over to them to answer their questions.

after a few minutes of just posing for photos, sage was walking past one of the interviewers when they called out, "sage! how does it feel to be in a movie instead of show?"

sage stopped in her tracks and walked towards the interviewer, "it's really awesome actually! i had a lot of fun."

"that's amazing, sage. what was it like to work with your fellow cast mates?" they questioned.

sage grinned, "oh! working with them was a blast, they all made everything feel easy and comfortable and they're just the most amazing people."

"who did you feel most close to the most?"

sage pretended to make an expression that she was thinking about her answer, "hmm.. i would have to say tom, just because it was always so easy going with him when it came to scenes. however, rachel was like a sister from another mother to me."

right then, tom came up behind sage and put a hand on the middle of her back. she looked over at him, flashing him a smile to which he reciprocated back. he leaned down to give her a kiss on the cheek.

"hi, tom! we were just talking about you." the interviewer laughed.

"oh really?" he chuckled and looked at sage, "what about?"

"they asked me about who i got close to most on set."

"who did you get most close to on set, tom?" the interviewer asked him.

"oh- well. i would also have to say sage." he looked down at her as he talked, "we just clicked comfortability wise, it almost felt like we already knew each other." she smiled back at him as he talked.

tom looked back to the interviewer, "so, yeah i would have to say her. one hundred percent."

the interviewer smiled about the answers they gave.

sage had a shiver run through her body from the cold brisk air. tom noticed sage in her cold state, "here take my jacket." he started taking his jacket off, "oh, no. i'm fine, tom. thank you though."

"don't be silly." he put the jacket over her shoulders.

"thank you for the questions." tom concluded to the interviewer as the pair walked away from them.

sage and tom walked over closer to the backdrop away from the interviewers, "thanks for the jacket."

"it's no problem, anything for you." he said smiling down at her once again.

throughout the rest of the event, they continued to answer interviewers questions and posing for photos.

it all felt like a fever dream to sage. having a role in her favorite movies / books, being surrounded with love and support from fans, and having the most caring group of people she can call friends. it was truly a dream come true.

——
authors note on the next chapters oops