What is Monarch? (Prologue)

Short prologue before we move onto Kong: Skull Island...

"On your feet!"

The rear cargo door opened, revealing the outside. A man snapped out of his thoughts, as he stood on his feet and put on his pack along with the other soldiers on board the plane.The man was Lieutenant Blake Riley Conrad of the EOD.

Soldier: "Happy to be back home, Riley?"

Blake: "Oh, you have no idea." He responded.

"Alright, let's go!"

The soldiers began walking off the plane.

"Lieutenant Riley!"

Blake turned to his right when someone called out to him. It was his friend, Ford Brody.

Blake: "Lieutenant Brody. Everything alright?" He asked.

Ford: "Yeah, everything's good. Do you have any family waiting for you?"

Blake: [Chuckles] "Oh, you have no idea. My mom has been waiting for me to come back home, along with my dad, aunt, and uncle."

Ford: "Hope everything goes well, and hey, we should probably hang out sometime. Grab a bite to eat or something."

Blake: "I'm cool with that. Till we meet again, Ford." He said as he shook hands with his friend.

Ford: "Till we meet again."

San Francisco, 2014

Blake was drinking a beer, laughing alongside his dad, Owen Riley, and his uncle, James Conrad, while his mom, Selina Riley Conrad, and aunt, Mason Weaver, were in the kitchen, preparing the food.

Blake: "Man, it does feel good to be back home."

Owen: "Well, we are glad that you're back kiddo."

Selina: "And I have prepared something really fun for all of us!"

Blake: "Oh, come on mom, you didn't have to. What about work?"

Selina: "No, no, no, you are much more important right now. I had everyone here make sure that they will be off for the next few days so we can all spend time together as a family." She said.

Mason: "I mean, we pretty much had to, you can't say no to your mom." She joked.

James: "Oh, you have no idea what I had to endure when we were kids." He said as he chuckled.

Selina: "Oh hush James! Blake, I have a gift. It's in my room. Can you go get it and bring it here in the kitchen?"

Blake: "Sure mom."

He walked over to his parents' room where he saw a present there on the bed. He picks up the present and is about to walk off until he spots something. On the bed, there were a couple of pictures scattered along with a file folder. He picked one up and it's a photo of both his mom and dad kissing each other. A smile formed on his face and looks down to see something written on the photo below: Riley & Conrad, 1973.

He remembered that year. It was around the time when his dad was in the Vietnam War and after that, he met mom. Although, the way his parents told him how they met was...odd. They never really went into full detail on how they met, neither did Uncle James and Aunt Mason. He then spots some other ones. There were different pictures of people he's never met, unfamiliar environments, and... animals he'd never seen before. Then, Blake picked up one photo of a creature that almost look like a gorilla of sorts.