Kong: Skull Island - Chapter 1: Piggyback

Dr. Selina Conrad joins with Bill Randa and Houston Brooks in Washington to convince Senator Willis to get funding for their expedition, meanwhile Lieutenant Colonels Preston Packard and Owen Riley are withdrawing their men from Vietnam.

Washington, D.C.
1973

Around this time period, protests were happening outside of the congressional building. People were holding up signs which few read "NO MORE WAR!", "END THE WAR IN VIETNAM!", and a few dozen others. Few officers arrived and had the protestors back up.

Inside of a taxi cab, there were three people in the back, looking outside, seeing the protest. The trio were Bill Randa, Selina Conrad, and Houston Brooks. Selina looked really nervous, and tries to keep her composure.

Randa: "Mark my words, there will never be a more screwed up time in Washington. But we can't let it stop us."

They all exited the cab, and made their way into the building. Inside, they were walking in the hallway. Selina, along with Brooks, don't feel confident about what they were about to do.

Selina: "Randa, maybe now is not the best time to ask."

Randa: "Monarch is on the cusp of being shut down, Selina. We're broke. When this war ends, we'll never get approval for our expedition."

The trio went inside the reception area, where they were about to head over to the reception desk, until Brooks tried to talk with Randa.

Brooks: "She does have a point though. I mean, we both aren't confident in our presentation. I mean, all of our materials are loose leaf. In one day, one day, we could have had all of this organized and bound." He said as he ran in front of Randa.

Then, something grabbed their attention. They looked over at a TV in the corner, where they saw Nixon giving his speech.

Nixon (TV): "...that we, today, have concluded an agreement to end the war and bring peace with honor in Vietnam. All American forces will be withdrawn."

Randa: "We don't have a day." He then walks over to a secretary. "Hello, there. Bill Randa here to see Senator Willis."

Secretary: "Of course, Mr. Randa. I left you a message this morning about rescheduling today's appointment. But he should have something available in the coming weeks..." She responded.

Randa simply narrowed his eyes towards the secretary, making her a bit nervous. Then, a door opened as Senator Willis stepped out, agitated as he saw Randa.

Senator Willis: "Oh god..."

Randa: "Al, you're looking well." He said as he shook hands with the Senator.

Senator Willis: "So you didn't get the message, Randa? To reschedule?" He asked.

Randa: "For the fifth time? I must've missed it. It'll be quick." He said.

The Senator looked at him for a moment, till he decided to hear them for a bit. Everyone was inside his office, as Randa, Selina, and Brooks took a seat while Willis got his suitcase out.

 Everyone was inside his office, as Randa, Selina, and Brooks took a seat while Willis got his suitcase out