6.

Folding

*Two Weeks Later*

2:45AM

I felt around my bed with my eyes shut. "Yazmin." I groaned, feeling for her. I didn't feel her but I was too tired to see what she was doing. Within seconds I felt myself drifting back asleep.

Somewhere throughout my sleep, I eventually felt a sense of security and warmth again.

"Keniya..." I heard Yazmin's voice in my dream. When she called my name again, I realized it was not in my dream. "Hmm?" I dragged out, half asleep. "Talk to me, I'm bored." Yazmin sighed.

"I know you fucking lying." I mumbled against the bed. "It's the middle of the night." I continued. "And?" Yazmin questioned. "Fuck you mean and? Chile let me sleep. I'll talk to you in the morning." I spoke before yawning.

I then quickly began drifting back to sleep.

"Keniyaaa." Yazmin dragged out, snaking her arm around my waist. "Shh!" I told Yazmin. "No!" Yazmin immediately protested.

"Yes!" I argued. "No!" Yazmin argued back. "Get out of my bed. Go sleep on the couch." I pushed Yazmin away. "Naur." Yazmin quickly attached herself to me.

"Yazmin. Gooo." I chucked a little, pointing to my room door. "But I-" Yazmin tried to protest.

"Go." I told her.

"Okay." she pitifully got out of bed. I watched as she grabbed a small blanket and made her way to the bedroom door. She looked back at me, making the most pitiful look.

I couldn't help but laugh in her face. "Wow. That's crazy." Yazmin nodded, smiling a little.

I honestly didn't think Yazmin was gonna go out to the living room, but she did. Yazmin's a rather odd person. The shit you think she would do, she won't. And the shit you think she won't do, she will. You never know her next move.

It's a gift and a curse.

A lot of people see Yazmin doing dumb shit and ending up in crazy situations. But they fail to realize that Yazmin's actually really smart. She's a thinker. There's always a reason behind the shit she does. Even the dumb shit.

"Yazmin! Come back! I miss you and your body heat." I shouted out the room. Within a few seconds I heard her footsteps slowly approaching my bedroom door.

I watched as she leaned against my doorframe with a bag of chips in her hand.

"I sent you out there to lay on the couch. Not eat up more of my snacks." I stated. "About two weeks ago, you said, Yazmin make yourself at home. Help yourself to snacks and stuff anytime. Sound familiar?" Yazmin spoke.

I paused for a second as those were my exact words. "Okay anyways, come back to bed. I miss you." I sighed.

"You gon' talk to me?" Yazmin wondered. "Yea." I nodded. "Mm okay." Yazmin shrugged. "What the fuck you shrugging for? Like I'm some last resort option." I questioned.

"Maybe you are." Yazmin said, laying next to me in bed. I quickly hit her. Yazmin immediately moaned in response.

"Why the fuck do you do that bro? You've been doing that shit since high school." I questioned, chuckling a bit. "I have a confession..." Yazmin did a dramatic pause.