Lovers and Enemies

Slowly his conscious starts to wake him.

An unfamiliar feeling, his body lying on an unusual surface than what he was used to. The cold hard concrete bed he was used to was something much softer and larger too. It felt so relaxing, never has he ever felt so at ease in his life.

And that smell.

No longer the rotting flesh and shit and piss he constantly smell but a refreshing and sweet smell. Where exactly was he, he thought as his vision starts to finally become more vivid.

"..."

This was a room.

A very very nice room, spacious and clean as this wasn't making sense. Not that he mind if this was his room but the question he had for awhile has finally been asked.

"...Where am I? Have I been isekai'd?" He pulls the covers off to find himself in some pajama pants and nothing else. A c/c, it felt off since this style was what he was starting to like.

But enough of the small details, he has some answers to search for as he sits on the edge of the bed.

"Y/n..."

A voice calls his name, at the exit of the bedroom stood a woman he recognized from an ungiven amount of time. She was beautiful, stunned at her beauty. "Who are-"

"Y/n!~"

Suddenly, he was tackled back on the bed. Straddling on his lap, she immediately kissed his lips with rough desperation. The twenty year old was stunned, making out with this woman who he just met moments ago. It was going so quick, "I've missed you so much!~" she pulls away from the kiss and pulls him up into a tight death hug, gasping for air.

"Where have you been?!~ It's been months since we last saw each other!~ You- ...Wait..."

She catches a glimpse at his face to find a scar slicing down where one of his eyes were. Of course his eyeball was still intact and still functional but the woman was concerned and sad.

"Is that a scar? What happened? Who did this to you?"

"...I... don't remember..."

"..."

"..."

The woman stared at the boy for a second, Y/n does so back as the silence grew loud.

"...Uh..."

Then again, he was pulled into another hug. A much more softer and more loving one, pulling him into her chest while stroking his hair.

"What the-"

"I thought I wouldn't see you again, darling~... It's been so lonely without you... Your smile, your loyalty, your loving spirit... Nobody can compare to you but yourself~..." she smiles happily while still holding him in his arms as she looked like she was ready to cry.

"...Hold on a minute..." Y/n finally escapes from her grip to find her confused and sad that he wasn't accepting her attention.

She figures out why.

"...Who are you? And why are you doing this to me?"

This made her heart sink hearing Y/n say this as she crawls to him and caresses his cheek.

"You... You don't remember me? It's me, Esdeath... Your partner... Your lover to the end..."

"...I have a wife?"

"Well, not yet... We're going to get married once the Night Raid is destroyed but I am still your partner! Your lover to the end! You made that promise after all!"