Train Ride

After a month and booking a boat to Transylvania, we reached a harbor. We then had to board a train. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who had never been on a train. Joseph, Adrian as well as myself were first-time train riders. Allison and Pearce tolerated our gawking at the large machine for transportation.
"How does it move?" Adrian asked.
"I'm not entirely sure," Allison replied after a small thoughtful pause.
"It has wheels," I stated as I noticed some wheels.
"Yes, it has wheels," Allison confirmed.
"It smells like soot," Joseph commented. I couldn't help but realize he was right. It did smell like soot. Soot meant coal. Coal meant heat. Heat meant the train somehow moved?
"Let's get on board before the whistle blows," Allison sighed after all of our things were packed away in the train somehow.
"Whistle?" I questioned. At that point, there was a loud, earsplitting whistle that dazed Adrian, Joseph, and myself. Allison and Pearce had covered their ears, but even they were dazed by the overwhelming shriek that was apparently a whistle.
"All aboard! The train leaves in ten minutes! Have your belongings packed and be ready to board the train! Form a line, and the conductor will check your tickets!" A loud voice sounded just after the whistle. The passengers, besides us four, started to shuffle around to have their tickets checked to board the train.
Tearful goodbyes, and some time later, the whistle sounded again. I showed my ticket to the person, somehow managing to not hiss and shrink away from the loud, confusing sound. They checked it, punched a hole in it, and gestured for me to board the train before using their loud voice to announce that there were only five more minutes to board the train.
I shook my head in an attempt to shake the ringing in my ears away, found Pearce, Allison, Adrian, and Joseph and an empty seat that was close by. I took the seat and once again tried to get the ringing out of my ears.
Five minutes passed, and every passenger was on board. The whistle sounded again, and then the train began to move. It was slow at first and then picked up speed. The chugging sound of the wheels faded into a weird, somewhat comforting sound. The only displeasure was that the whistle would sound on occasion.
As the sun rose, Joseph, Adrian, and I fell asleep. We barely stirred when the whistle would sound and then fell asleep again.
Night came along, and somehow, Pearce managed to feed Joseph without any suspicion. Adrian, as well as myself, were also inconspicuously fed. This would only last until we arrived at our destination. And the Thirst would return with a vengeance the following night. I hoped we would arrive at our destination soon. The boat ride and feeding on rats and Pearce's blood had allowed everyone here to survive.
We would more than likely see if we could find something other than Pearce's blood to survive.
"There is nothing else other than Pearce's blood. Unless you want someone to notice a corpse," Allison whispered when Pearce walked away. I blinked and hoped that we would soon arrive at our destination.
It was three days or more when we reached Transylvania. Everyone was thirsty. We took a carriage to our new home and then began to hunt.
It was a small town though. Small towns were harder to hunt in. Individuals were more likely to spot missing people quicker. Being careful was essential. Or we would be discovered, captured and I really had no idea what would happen after, but I didn't really want yo fi d out.
So all of us had our belongings brought to our new home and feasted on the surrounding wildlife to avoid too much suspicion.
I decided that I didn't like train rides.