Day 7: Holiday Lights (Soukoku & Rimlaine)

Day 7, Prompt 29: Holiday Lights || Holiday music, bright colours, and joy

The cold wind blew gently throughout the dark streets of Yokohama city, as Dazai and Chuuya walked beside each other, hand in hand, both dressed in warm, winter attire.

Their faces were illuminated by the neighbouring houses with colourful lights strung on the roofs and lamp posts, and although the snowy night was cold, their hearts couldn't help but feel warm at the welcoming sight around them.

The roads were silent as Chuuya led Dazai to an elegantly decorated house, strung with silver and gold lights, and knocking on the door.

A few seconds ticked by, when the door finally opened, revealing a tall, blonde man with hazel eyes.

"Oh, Chuuya, Dazai, you two are finally here," Verlaine, Chuuya's older brother, said warmly, as he opened the door wider to let the two inside. "Arthur will be down shortly."

Chuuya nodded. "Cool. We can wait–"

"Paul, have you seen my scarf anywhere?" A soft voice called down from upstairs.

Verlaine chuckled softly. "Yes, mon amour! It's down here!"

"Ah, thank you." The voice came closer, until the owner of the voice was in sight. A tall, lean male with long, wavy black hair dressed quite heavily in a winter coat, gloves, and earmuffs walked inside the room, as Verlaine handed Rimbaud a red scarf.

"Why are you dressed so heavily?" Verlaine wondered with a smile. "I do believe it is a bit warmer tonight."

"Is it?" Dazai asked from the couch, where his shoulder had been volunteered as Chuuya's pillow. "I hardly noticed."

"And even if it were," Rimbaud added, as he wrapped the wool scarf around his neck. "I'm sure you know it would make no difference to one who is so sensitive to the cold, such as I."

"Of course; my mistake. Now, are we ready to go?"

"About time," Chuuya grumbled, getting off the couch and putting his shoes on.

"Now, now, Chuuuuyaaaa," Dazai sang. "Be nice."

Chuuya rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Let's go."

Verlaine and Rimbaud shared an amused look, before following Dazai and Chuuya out the door and into the car, where they drove to a Yokohama Holiday Lights Display.

They got out of the car, and began to walk into what seemed like a different world full of colour and sparkling, bright lights.

"Oh look!" Dazai said, an hour later of walking through the display, pointing to a slug in a jungle-themed section. "It's you, Chuuya!"

The slug seemed to be resting on a leaf made of green lights, its brown shell blinking from hazel to a darker shade, as its black eyes stared at nothing.

"Do you have a death wish?" Chuuya hissed, as he retaliated by kicking Dazai in the shins.

"OW! Chibi, you're so mean," Dazai whined, clutching his injured leg.

"Aw, you poor baby," Chuuya mocked, and yet immediately went to check on the brunette's injury.

Rimbaud gave a soft laugh, as his and Verlaine's hands were intertwined together, as the two walked down an archway decorated with strings of white and blue, blinking lights.

"How beautiful," Verlaine remarked.

"Indeed," Rimbaud said, his breath coming out in small puffs. "Just like you, Paul."

Verlaine flushed, as he kissed Rimbaud's forehead. "I'm flattered. However, it is getting quite late. Shall we go..?"

"Absolutely," Chuuya's voice said, as he walked over to them, as Dazai followed.

"Aw, is Chibi getting tired?" Dazai teased, as he bent down so he could wrap his arms around Chuuya.

"Shut up," Chuuya muttered, trying to stifle a yawn.

Verlaine snorted. "Alright then. Dazai, would you mind driving us back home–"

"Absolutely the f*ck not!" Chuuya cut in. "I mean, unless you want us all to die..."

"And committing a double suicide with my little slug would be a dream come true!" Dazai said, his eyes sparkling, as he swiped Verlaine's keys from the latter's hand, and skipping to the car.

"Dammit! Get back here! If anything, I'll be the one driving, you suicidal maniac!" Chuuya shouted after the brunette.

"Try and catch up to me with those short legs!" Dazai called from over his shoulder, his insufferable laugh twinkling through the air.