8. Alex

I watched Bella retreat into the house and smiled. I didn't know what came over me before, but I did know that I wanted to kiss her. In that moment. I don't anymore.

I followed her inside and got us some towels. She thanked me and fished around in kitchen.

"Why are you ransacking my kitchen?" I sat on a stool at the bench top.

"Do you have any ice cream?" I nodded and pulled some out of the freezer.

"Thank you." We sat there munching on them quietly, much like last night. I was beginning to like having to spend so much time around Bella, however much she hated me. We laughed, we had fun. We could actually talk.

"I think I'm done swimming for today, can we watch a movie once I change?" I nodded and watched her go down to my room. I guess I should get dressed too.

When Bella was done, she curled up on my lounge and pulled a blanket over her. We chose Jurassic Park because it's a classic, and settled in.

We were about halfway through when I noticed that Bella head was dropping and her eyes were closing. She fell asleep and landed on my chest.

I pulled her up further so it was more comfy for the both of us, and in the end she was completely laying on me. I stroked her hair gently and wondered how she got it so soft.

I found myself dozing off too.

...

I woke up to the sound of keys jingling. I realised quickly what it was and sat up, forgetting that Bella had been asleep on my chest. I shook her gently.

"Bella?" She didn't budge, so I crawled out from underneath her. Mum and Mason entered.

"Oh, Alex, what are you doing here?" I hugged mum.

"Just thought I'd visit. I missed you guys," Mum beamed at me, placing her bags on the countertop. Mason entered after and plopped down his bags.

"Why are you here?" He sneered.

"Am I not allowed to visit my family?" Mason shook his head and moved to the lounge. I helped Mum unpack the shopping. Then there was a clatter a yell and a groggy 'fuck off'. I knew that fuck off.

"Jesus Bella! You scared the shit out of me!" Bella's annoyed head poked over the lounge.

"You don't think you didn't scare me? Imagine sleeping peacefully and this giant ass just wakes you up causing you to fall off the couch!" Mason laughed and Bella whacked him across the head.

"Alex we gotta go," She reminded me. I kissed Mum's head and left. Bella followed me out to the car and we drove back to hers.

When we returned, we were met with Bella's mother waiting angrily. Bella gulped and I parked the car nervously.

"Uh, hi Mum?" Bella greeted her. Mrs Gonzales looked furious.

"Don't you dare 'hi mum' me. Where have you been?" She demanded.

"Oh uh, Alex took me to his house. We went swimming and watched a movie," Bella told her mother.

"And you told no one?! He could've killed you! So sorry Alex, I know you would not, but still Bella!" Mrs Gonzalez frowned and crossed her arms. "I'm so disappointed in you!"