14. Alex

Bella ran past me and up to her room. Oh fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck. I'd fucked up majorly, how did she even know?

I took a seat on the bench nearest to me and put my head in my hands. God, what had I done?

"Alex?" I heard a familiar voice. I looked up to see Katherine looking worriedly at me.

"Oh, Katherine."

"Are you ok? I just heard yelling and saw Ms Gonzales run off?" I nodded.

"Yeah, yeah. Just, got mad I guess. I have to go," She nodded.

"Oh yeah, sorry," I went off to my car. I knew when Bella got upset to just leave her alone. But I knew who wouldn't leave her alone.

"Mason? It's Bella, I need your help?" Mason sighed.

"Where'd she wander off to now?" I started the car.

"Nowhere. It was me, I fucked up."

"Alex did you sleep with someone?" Mason accused me over the phone.

"What? No, god no! We just got mad at each other, I'll explain when I get home, all I need is for you to say yes."

"Fine."

...

I explained to Mason what had happened. Of course he agreed to help Bella be less mad at me, but that didn't mean it would work.

He drove off to help her and I went to my room. I flopped onto my old bed and realised how long it'd been since I'd slept here.

Even my room reminded me of her. The first time we slept together, the first day she started trusting me.

I sank into the sheets and laid on my pillow. It felt like Bella's silk pillowcases. She claims that silk pillowcases are good for your skin and hair.

I guess it works because she is impeccable when it comes to skin and hair. I yawned slightly but didn't let myself sleep.

Her tattoo crossed my mind, the Still Breathing; one. I had never asked her about it. I knew what it meant, but I didn't know why.

Bella was perfect in her own imperfect way. She was stunning, but fierce. She could slaughter an entire mafia without batting an eye, but will crumble at the slightest raised voice.

She complicated. And somehow she had let me untangle the web some of the way. I never realised how lucky I was to have her.

She was amazing.

And I loved her.

Holy fuck I loved her.

Bella's POV

Bella's POV

I heard a knock on my door a little while after. Why was Alex even bothering?