1.1 PILOT

*:..。o○ ○o。..:*

Ellie's POV ;;

I'm lying down on my bed, with my headphones in, listening to music on my iPod. I'm lost in my own thoughts I don't realize Mom calling us down for breakfast. She comes walking up the stairs and tells me she's been hollering at me to come down the stairs.

"Ellie, for the tenth time will you please come down for breakfast? It's going to get cold." She asks me in a soft but annoyed tone. "Uh— Yeah, sorry mom." I say as I take off my headphones and turn off my iPod. I put them in a drawer next to my bed. I grab a cream sweater from my closet and head downstairs.

I'm the first one to sit at the table. Mom serves me chocolate chip pancakes. I mean don't get me wrong, they're delicious but sometimes she keeps treating me like I'm seven and I hate it. My sister, Haley, enters the room in quite a revealing outfit that mom and dad, especially mom will not approve of. "Why are you guys yelling at us when we’re way upstairs? Just text me." Haley says shifting her attention to her phone and to mom and dad.
"Alright, that’s not gonna happen and wow, you’re not wearing that outfit." Mom says in, yep you guessed it. In a very disapproving tone. "What's wrong with it?" Haley asks. "Elle, do you see something wrong with it?" She asks me. I simply just shrug my shoulders with no actual response, As I don't want to get involved in any fights or arguments Haley and my mom would get into. "Honey, do you have anything to say to your daughter about her skirt?" Mom says to Dad who's occupied on his phone. He then shortly focuses his attention on Claire. "Hmm— Oh! Yeah sorry! Your skirt looks really cute sweetheart." Dad says in a encouraging tone. I let out a little giggle.

Not too shortly after, my sister Alex enters the kitchen. "Luke got his head stuck in the banister again!" She announces. "I got it. Where's the baby oil?" Dad asks Mom. "It’s on our bedside tab-" She mutters. "I dunno. Find it." She says as she walks into the cupboard door. "Come on!"
She says annoyed and slightly in pain as she hit her face off it.

Commentary POV ;;

"I was… out of control growing up. There, you know, I said it. I… I just don’t want my kids to make the same bad mistakes that I made. If Haley or Ellie never wakes up on a beach in Florida half-naked, I’ve done my job." She says as Dad quickly intervenes. "Our job." "Right, our job!" She quickly corrects herself.

— Ellie's POV ;;
"Buddy, why do you keep getting stuck like this?" Phil asks Luke, trying his best to free him. "I thought I could get out this time." Luke says with a sad tone. "I’m just gonna say it: he needs to be checked by a specialist." Alex says to me. We both laugh at that remark. Finally, after a good five minutes, Dad finally manages to free Luke's head from the banister. "There. Be free, Excalibur." He says in a goofy tone. Luke cracks his neck as its a bit stiff.

"I'm having a friend over." Haley declares. "Who?" Mom asks. "Uh, you don’t know him." Haley says firmly. "Him-- Him?" Mom starts to realize that it's a boy who's coming over. "Oooh, a boy. You’re gonna kiss-" Luke says teasingly. "Oh would you shut up Luke!" Haley shouts back at him, we all get into a big row. "Luke, Ellie, why don’t you take it outside, okay?" Mom says to us both. "And do what?" I say back. "Fight in the sun; it’ll be a nice change. I’m kidding." Dad chimes in. Luke and I run into the kitchen arguing about "boys and girls".

— Commentary POV ;;
"I’m the cool dad. That’s- that’s my thang. I’m hip, I surf the web, I text. LOL: laugh out loud, OMG: oh my god, WTF: why the face? Um, you know, I know all the dances to High School Musical, so.." He says as he starts dancing and singing to the High School Musical songs. "We’re all in this together. Yes we are, we’re all stars, something someth- and you know it."