Betrayal?

You see a tall, shadowed figure slowly coming out of the bushes. The moon catches a glimpse of their face, exposing piercing red eyes and grayish matte skin. You quickly throw back on your undergarments under the water. "What do you want?" you slowly back out of the water never taking your eyes off the man. " I'm Nostra. I know you have Astarion with you. Give him up and our Master won't come looking for you afterwards." He walks out a little more into the moonlight. You see he is a Vampire as well, a Drow vampire. His facial structure looks very similar to Astarion but difficult to make out. "And why would I do that? I'm assuming you know I'm not just a normal everyday person, right?" Your hand begins to glow a blood red, magic crackling silently in the waves. "Now, now." He puts his hands up. "We don't have to fight. Just bring him here to this place." He puts a parchment down on a nearby rock. "If you bring him there. I'll tell you where Thimble is." He smiles a devious smirk before disappearing into the dark and before you had a chance to ask him how he knows about your connection to Thimble and before you had a chance to blast him. You get fully dressed and walk slowly towards the parchment. You listen carefully to see if he was in fact gone. Nothing, just the sound of water. You grab the parchment and look it over. There were careful details to a building in Baldur's Gate, a map of the building and some weird words written in a language you don't quite recognize but it does look familiar. You turn the page over and words begin to appear. If you decide to bring Astarion, look on the map and go the room on the far east afterwards. The writing disappeared after. Your thoughts are muddled. You care for Astarion, he confided in you, he gave himself to you and you to him you thought. You folded the paper up and put it in your bag of holding. ' I need to think hard on this.' You thought internally as you walked back to the campsite. " There you are darling; I was beginning to think a baddie of the night got you." You force a smile, but it seemed genuine enough to not make him ask any questions. "Well, I am exhausted so I'm going to sleep, good night." "Would you like me to tuck you in?" he teases. You smile again. "Actually, could you just hold me until I fall asleep?" he looked a little confused, but he walked over to your sleeping bag and held you until he thought you were asleep. " Even after all that I did you still leave your guard down. It's going to get you killed." he sighs. " I guess not if I can help it, you won't but I wish you would be more careful." You smiled a genuine smile that time before falling asleep. Morning came too fast for the stressful and nonexistent sleep you got. " Good morning my dear, how did you sleep? I made what I guess can pass for coffee." He hands you a steel mug and you take small sip to gage its heat. "So, what is the plan for today?" He asks you. " Well, I need to get to the Underdark by tonight so I'm thinking we can go to this town right here." You pull out a map and show a small mountain town with a cathedral and some shops. There is also a place where you can rent Magic summons to trek if you don't want to walk, and it is faster most times." He nods " I had no idea. How interesting." You finish up your coffee and pull out your wand. " I don't feel like doing extra work today." You mutter before swishing your wand across the camp. " It's a gravity spell. I basically tell it to move the stuff. Thimble taught me it." You smile as you watch the camp clean itself and put everything back into your bag of holding. "Alright let us get a move on, I want to get to this town before it gets too dark otherwise, we'll have to get to the Underdark tomorrow morning. I already notified Angelique that we would be on our way." He raises a brow "our?" You nod your head. "Yeah, I used a message spell to let her know so she wasn't taken by surprise. She is royalty you know, and people want her dead." " I understand. Well then let us get a move on so we are there in a timely manner. Grabbing the last of your belongings you begin your trek. You can't help your mind still going over the message that was left for you. Would such a shady person be able to find Thimble? maybe. Would it be worth it? Absolutely.

As the two of you walk, you remember when you were little before everything happened. Seems like so long ago when you were at home with your parents enjoying the fish your father had just caught along with the vegetables you helped your mom make. Everything was so easy and simple then. Then these men broke in, thinking the house was empty, they murdered everyone but you. Not because they weren't going to try, no. It was because a sorcerer had shown up and killed them before they had a chance. You didn't see anyone at first. Then a small man appeared, almost the same height as you, reaching out a hand. "I know child. I know." He pulled you in and gave you the best hug that he could for his size. "I am sorry for your loss.". He wiped your tears away. " Come with me, my family will take you in until you can provide for yourself." You were so young, but the memory never faded of this man saving your life. He raised you practically as his own in secret and taught you the ways of sorcery and the history of Magics. His late wife taught you how to sew and make delicious food. He was your second father, and he was missing. You need to do whatever you need to do to find him whether he be dead or alive you need to know. No matter what it costs or who.