1. Dream

It's first year, and my duel with Potter awaits. I walk down the corridor, questioning my motive as I quietly open the back door. Potter stands, wand in hand, back facing me as he looks with nervous anticipation at the door. Walking silently, I get close enough to tap him on the shoulder. He jumps, whipping around, face darkening. "Malfoy."

"Did I scare you?" I tease, pushing past him into the room and turning a gas knob to light the room.

The light illuminates his new red, angry expression. "You wish, you smug prat," he says, positively enraged.

I can practically feel him reaching for his wand. Before he can pull it out, I turn fast, grabbing his arm. He's thinner than I expected, but he takes hold of my tie with sudden strength and pushes me against a nearby wall. A blush paints my face scarlet, and I look away.

"Why am I here, Malfoy?" Potter says, low and guttural, and for some reason, that makes the heat in my cheeks even more intense.

I stutter out a response, my well-built cool facade abruptly shattering at his indirect touch. "T-to duel?"

Potter, thankfully, seems to have zero comprehension of my reaction, or at least why I'd react this way to his actions.

"So, then, shall we?" he says, drawing back just slightly, hand still on my tie.

Before he can release my collar, I put a hand up to stop him. "You know, Potter, I think we may have gotten off on the wrong foot. I wanted you to come here because we don't have to duel. There are other things that we could do..."

"Like what?" Potter asks, still somehow completely clueless. I shrug my shoulders slightly before leaning my head a little closer to his, just close enough that I can smell him, broom handle wood, trees and cinnamon, adventure.

His cheeks pop with pink as he finally realises what I think I'm implying. Our mouths are so close, I can feel his breath, and his warmth is sending sparks down my spine. I feel as though this is the place I should've been at all my life, and we're about to connect, his hand on my cheek, but-

"Harry!"

My head whips to the door where Ronald bloody Weasley stands, jaw piling up on the floor. At the sight of him, Potter quickly drops my tie, and I slump against the stone wall with slight surprise. He looks ashamed, and I flush red with embarrassment.

Weasley opens his mouth to speak.

"EEEEEEEEEEE-"

My eyes snap open and focus on the red alarm clock blaring its heart out. I let out a discontented sigh, thinking about where the dream was left. The image of Potter holding my collar sends heat rushing to my cheeks.

    "Malfoy, would you shut that bloody alarm off? You know I don't like waking up unless it's next to someone."

This introspective, astute request comes from the brilliant mind of Theodore Nott, better known as Theo, even better known as the heartbreaker of Slytherin House. I slam the button on the top of the alarm clock, rendering it silent mid-beep. "Come on, Theo, you should be up by now anyway. We've only got forty-five minutes until breakfast, and you need to do your precious hair, remember?"

    "Speak for yourself, Prince Pomade," Theo mutters, rubbing his eyes and pulling on slippers. I follow him to the new bathroom they've installed in the dormitory (for some reason, donations to Hogwarts have been rampant this year), and as Theo starts to shave, he smirks at me knowingly.

    "What?" I say, leftover irritability from the unsatisfying ending of the dream slipping into my voice.

    He smiles, turning back to the mirror. "Sounded like you had a good sleep. A lot of groans and moans, if you catch my meaning. Someone's name too, though I couldn't really make it out. Who's the lucky star?"

    I snort at both the hyperbole and the idea that I would casually drop the name of the most famous boy in the Wizarding world. "Like I'd ever tell you."

    His smile was now a full on grin. "I bet you I can guess. Give me five guesses, and I'll get it in less than that."

    "Five?!" I exclaim, almost dropping my very expensive French hair gel. "You don't even deserve one, you wanker!"

    "Three, then," he settles, and I roll my eyes.

    "Fine, you imbecile. Just make it quick so that my day isn't spoiled."

    Theo starts counting on his fingers. "Well, it can't be a Hufflepuff, 'cause you don't go for the nice type. Not a Ravenclaw either, too argumentative, and not in the hot way. Definitely not a Slytherin, you're better than that - not an inbreeder."

    "Ugh. You're so crude."

    He continues, still taking this much more seriously than it needs to be. "So that leaves the Gryffindors, excluding teachers, because we have no hot teachers, let's be real here. Who would Draco Malfoy consider really bangable in Gryffindor House?"

    "Oh, would you just get on with it?!" I half-yell, my patience seriously wearing from the little detective act.

    "Good things come to those who wait, darling. If I guess right, I'll hook you up with whoever it is."

    "Please," I scoff. Theo's smile grows bigger and more smirkish. "Give me till the end of the day. Then I'll have my three guesses."

    He doesn't wait for my answer before speeding out of the bathroom, now fully dressed in his school robes and slinging on his bookbag. As I watch him run off, a part of me fears that he actually will get it right.

    A part of me hopes he does.

***
Author's Note: Thank you for reading, if you did! I know this first part is a littls short, but chapters will get longer if this gets attention. I hope you're enjoying my hell of an existing brain, and I wish you the best day/night/afternoon/pre-evening/3:00 AM you can have.