CHAPTER ONE:

SOUNDTRACK
The weeknd: party and the afterparty

(*you slowly pull into a busy street, before getting out of the uber at the end of brightly lit driveway*)

"thanks! have a goodnight", you say to the uber driver before closing the door quickly.

you're not used to the party scene, but your childhood best-friend Grayson invited you over for a "small get-together. You and grayson had been friends since grade 3, and you've stuck together since. But as highschool approached things became distant, you both knew each-other were only one call away but life always gets in the way.

"Small get-together" you knew that wouldn't be true, word gets around, and you were just right. As you walk up the driveway you can already hear the music echoing loudly, cups and cans scattered across the front lawn, and Random couples stumbling drunk out of the front door.

"gosh it's only 9pm and people are already crashing" you mutter to yourself. you thought it was ridiculous, how early were people drinking just to be hammered so early on. regardless of the low hopes you had you walk in the front door.
surrounding you are unfamiliar faces, you knew nobody, so within a moment of panic you try to guide yourself to the drinks. cutting through unfamiliar hallways, trying not to trip over the excess rubbish on the floor.

Finally, you find yourself in the kitchen.
"Vodka, whiskeys and beer, how lovely".
nothing seemed to appeal to you, so a shot of vodka down the hatch it was. It was too late till you realised there were mixers in the fridge all along....

"don't think that would've been too nice was it?"
It was Grayson, he looked like a total dick, wearing a white wifebeater and black cargo shorts. To be quite honest though you didn't mind it, you thought he suited the look.

"jesus, think you creeping up on me would take me out quicker than that shot, besides how are you?
and is anyone i know here? Or anyone you know for a matter of fact?" you said annoyed.

"jeez yes, remember i have more a social life than you do nowadays, and i'm sure a few girls you know are here don't worry, look i'm sorry but i've gotta go, i'm missing out on the slip and slide!" he exclaimed.

"slip and slide?!", as if this whole event wasn't confusing enough, hes talking about a fucking slip and slide?