Chapter 1

"Concentrate, younglings. If you let the Force flow through you, if you truly put your faith in it, then you will be able to achieve what you make think is impossible."

The sun-lit room of the New Jedi Temple was filled with aspiring Jedi-to-be. Ranging from Tholothians to humans to Pandorans, there were more younglings now than he could remember there being at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.

The Jedi flourished. Due to the severe loss of Jedi during the Clone Wars, the Council voted to abolish the requirement that only young children could be admitted into the ranks of the Jedi. Sadly, though, attachments were still heavily stigmatized in the Order.

The rebellion, led by the valiant Bail Organa, the brave and compassionate Mon Mothma, and the fearless Padme Amidala, grew stronger every day, much to the ire of Emperor Palpatine. The Jedi helped out where the rebellion when they could, but while they focused on expanding their numbers, they could do very little. The Jedi, pride wounded and hubris exposed, threw down the title of generals and took up the mantles of keepers of the peace. They would frequently send aid mission to planets affected by the Clone Wars and the many scuffles between rebels and the Empire. During those missions, they often found Force-sensitive younglings that were taken in and trained, no matter the age.

"Master Skywalker! I can't do it!" A female Cerean named Siara called out in frustration, letting the lightsaber fizzle out. 

Anakin smiled at the little girl. "Patience, young one. You will get it in time.

Siara sighs and goes back to trying to deflect the many blaster bolts firing at her.

"Skywalker." Kit Fisto's voice sounded from the comm on his arm. Kit's recovery from his encounter with the Sith was a lengthy one, but he was doing better than ever, "You're late."

"Shit, I'll be right there." 

Anakin glances at the younglings who were caught up in their katas.

"I have to go, younglings. Council meeting. How fun." He says sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

They giggled at his antics, before returning to their work. He raised his commlink to his mouth and contacts their clan leader, Master Kiyer.

"Master Kiyer, unfortunately, the Council calls."

"Very well, Master Skywalker. I'll be right there."

Anakin ended the transmission and headed towards the Council Chambers. He soon arrived, and the doors to the Council Chambers slid open.

"Late, you are!" Yoda says immediately, gazing up at the man as he walked in.

Anakin blushes. "Sorry Master."

Plo, Aayla, Kit, and Obi-Wan smile at Anakin. Gone was the mistrust of the old Jedi Council. In fact, he had even befriended many of them.

"A development, there has been." Yoda announces.

"A development?" Aayla asks, brows furrowing. 

Yoda nodded as Mace elaborated, "The Rebel Alliance has been gathering more and more allies and recruits, as you know. Well, they just dealt their first major blow to the Empire."

"A major blow indeed," Stass Allie's hologram sounded, "The rebels have finally advanced into the Mid Rim."

"The Mid Rim?" Plo Koon asked, threading his fingers together, "But the Empire blockaded nearly every Mid Rim planet that bordered the Outer Rim. They haven't allowed the rebels to make any leeway into the galaxy."

"That is why this is a crucial moment for them," Mace responds. He tapped on a button on his chair, and the lights dimmed. A hologram of the galaxy appeared before them; the Outer Rim shaded a light blue signifying it being controlled by the Rebel Alliance, and the Mid Rim, Inner Rim, and Core all being shaded a dark red for Imperial control. Noticeably, Naboo, a Mid Rim planet, glowed with blue and red hues. "As you can see, the planet of Naboo is currently under siege. This is a planet of vital importance to the Empire."

"Naboo?" Anakin asked, eyes wide, "As in Padme's home planet? And Palpatine's?"

Yoda nodded in confirmation, "Yes, the same. Under strict guard, it was, by order of the Emperor himself. A devastating loss, this will be, if lose control of his own home world, he does."

"The Rebel Alliance has reached out to us as well. According to them, Queen Kylantha is a rebel sympathizer and she has been planning to secede from the Empire ever since its rise. The rebels have requested our assistance in helping Queen Kylantha liberate her planet." Oppo Rancisis hissed out, his snake-like tongue flicking occasionally.

"We have not actively engaged with the Empire for nearly ten years." Ki-Adi added, frowning, "Would it be wise to alert them of our presence?"

"Palpatine knows we're alive, there is no doubt about that." Obi-Wan told the Cerean, stroking his beard.

"Yes, Palpatine is a smart man. He knows better than to assume we would quietly die out as he ruled the galaxy with an iron fist." Luminara said, hologram flickering.

"Whether or not Palpatine knows of our continued existence is not the question here. The question is are we ready to declare that our allegiance is with the Rebel Alliance and are we ready to fight the Empire and all of its might?" Kit said plainly, gazing around the room as he spoke.

Silence enveloped the twelve Jedi Masters as they contemplated Kit's words.

"I believe it is time." Aayla announced first.

"As do I." Anakin followed.

"I'm not sure whether this is the wisest decision." Ki-Adi said hesitantly, "But this may be our chance to remove Palpatine from power and restore peace and order to the galaxy."

"Is everyone in agreement?" Mace's eyes swept over the other eleven masters. He glanced beside him to Yoda, who only nodded at him to continue, "Very well. The time has come to reveal ourselves to the rest of the galaxy."

A/N: Hellooooooo! I'm back! Boy, it's been a long time and I'm so so sorry for that. But I couldn't leave this story unfinished, and I have A LOT more ideas for stories that I want to write. Tbh I have more than 20 incomplete drafts lol. Anyway, I'm glad that I'm returning to this story and my writing has gotten so much better than it was when I was like 14 lol so hopefully I can do this story and you guys justice. There won't be a set schedule cuz I'm shit at that but I'll try my best to keep updates rolling out. Glad to be back guys! May the Force be with you all