Chapter 6

After hours of walking, the beautiful sight of the Naberrie family home came into sight as Anakin and the others reached the top of the cliffs. The beautiful house stood on a hill, overlooking Varykino Lake. It's architecture was distinctly Nabooian, it resembled buildings in Theed with its tan stone walls and domed roofs. Tents were pitched all around the property, and soldiers bustled about.

Anakin smiled at the sight of the home, "This is Varykino."

"It truly is beautiful." Kit commented.

"Indeed." Plo said simply.

The group followed the path down to the house. They approached the gated perimeter, and the two Rebels that guarded the entrance to Varykino took notice of their arrival and aimed their weapons their way.

"Halt!" The one on the left shouted. She was a Pantoran female, dressed in camouflaged combat gear.

"State your names." The one on the right demanded, taking a step forward. He was a human male, dressed similarly to the Pantoran.

"We are here on behalf of the Jedi Order." Ahsoka said, stepping forward from the group. The two guards looked at each other, confusion radiating from both.

"Let them through!" A female voice shouted from inside the gate. The gates opened, and out strolled Padme Amidala, dressed in the same wear as the other two Rebels. She forewent the usual Rebel headgear, and let her long, brown braided hair flow down her back.

"Mistress Amidala, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." Kit said, smiling at the former queen and bowing slightly.

Padme smirked and chuckled, shaking her head.

"That's not Padme." Anakin pointed out, smiling as well, "That's her former handmaiden, Sabe."

Sabe, still smirking, said, "That's right. I'm Padme's second in command."

"My mistake, Miss Sabe." Kit apologized. His light green skin grew a little darker, signifying his embarrassment.

Sabe waves her hand at him, "Don't worry about it. I wasn't the queen's double for nothing," She turned, walking inside the camp and calling out from over her shoulder, "Follow me, Jedi."

She led them past various pitched tents, some filled with wounded soldiers, some filled with refugees from the civil war, and some filled with supplies and weapons. Noticeably, Gungans roamed around the camp as well. helping out where they could.  The sight was all to familiar; Ahsoka could remember many times where she saw the same sights on various conquests and missions.

They finally reached the steps of Varykino, and the two Rebels guarding the door opened the door for them. Crates lined the halls, and Rebels bustled from room to room, no doubt scrambling after their retreat from Theed. They reached a set of double doors, and Sabe turned around to face them.

"Padme is in here." she said, turning around and pushing open the doors. Inside, was an open area than, and led to a balcony that looked over the lake and the beautiful hills of Naboo. Pillars lined the room, and ivy and vines snaked around the walls, adding a splash of color to an otherwise polished and tan room. In the middle of the room was a holotable with plans of some kind, and people surrounding it, muttering about themselves.

"Mistress Padme, the Jedi have arrived." Sabe announced, bowing slightly and moving to the side so the woman could view the Jedi taskforce. Padme turned around, and Ahsoka was shocked. The woman looked the same as she did ten years ago, with the exception of a few wrinkles that decorated the sides of her eyes and mouth. She wore a plain grey suit, obviously fit for comfortability and combat and not flashy or elegant. Her hair was pinned back in a tight ponytail, and her face was stern was serious, but as soon as she laid her eyes on them, her demeanor quickly changed.