Curiosity killed the cat

A/n: sorry for the cliffhanger 🤭 who's the bigger tease? Haechan or playerhyuck 💀

"Are you being serious?" She asked, watching him pulling his sweats back up after he stated that he didn't want her first time in a while being on her office desk.

"Yes, I'm serious. I can wait" Haechan said, pulling her off her desk before grabbing her underwear that was thrown over the floor.

"But I can't!" She whined and Haechan chuckled

"I'm sure you can love" he said, placing a peck on her forehead, as he clasped her bra onto her body.

"Its my abstinence...don't I get to choose when I want to end it?" She huffed and he sighed, placing his shirt onto his torso

"Of course you do, I just think it'll be much more enjoyable if waited...I'm not trying to deprive you of sex here, trust me thats the last thing on my mind-"

"Then?" She challenged with hands on her hips

"I want to wait and I want it to be comfortable for you. You can argue as much as you want but I'm standing my ground on this one. We can head to mine after our shift ends"

"Do you have some secret ritual for fucking virgins or something? I'm not even a virgin I-" before she could speak any further, her phone rang and cut their conversation short. She looked at the contact name, seeing Hwayoung's contact on the screen. Her brows furrowed at her best friend calling her at 3am, but it was definitely after some club night and she was stuck with her sobering up thoughts.

Jia answered the call and put it on speaker, reaching for the clothes that were scattered across the floor while Haechan kneeled down to pick up the items he hastily pushed onto the floor

"Whats up Hwa? Big night?" Jia asked and Haechan perked up at how comfortable Jia had become around him. But he didn't find it too surprising since it was her best friend and he had already met her.

"Yup! You should've been there. I'm coming down from my high now" She said, and Jia could hear her slamming herself onto her bed

"Well what's up?" Jia asked, moving to help Haechan re-organise her desk as well, the amount of papers that fell now made it a two person job

"Well you're so busy you barely answered my texts...so tell me!"

"Tell you what?"

"About the work guy! From the club!" Hwayoung said happily and Jia looked up at Haechan who shot her a smirk

"What's there to say?" Jia asked, slightly blushing

"Are you serious?? Are yall fucking? Like I totally get it if you are. He's so your type and he looks like he fucks good..like real good" Hwa said and Haechan bit back a snicker as Jia dug her face into her hands

"Well Hwa...I actually wouldn't know because he won't fuck me" Jia said through gritted teeth and Haechan shook his head at her petty nature

"Aww, did you try asking him nicely?" Hwayoung said sarcastically to tease her. Haechan now couldn't hold his laughter back, finding their friendship dynamic similar to how his friends would taunt him

"Ugh! I hate you both!" Jia said rolling her eyes

"Wait is he in your office right now?!" Hwayoung asked in surprise

"Hey" Haechan said into the phone before he strolled back to his desk

"Xiao Jiayi, you have so much explaining to do!" She taunted through the phone. Jia soon bid goodbye to her friend, laughing about the whole situation with Haechan making her realise how quick they could go from rough sex to lighthearted jokes and giggles.

Before they both knew it, the break rolled around the corner and Haechan now found himself in the break room with Yuki, getting a warm cup of coffee to keep him awake for the next few hours of work.

"I left the sheet on your desk this morning" Jeno said, surprised at the fact that Jia told him he couldn't find the balance sheet. Her eyes shut in realisation that it was probably still buried under the stacks of paper she lazily arranged back onto her desk.

"Oh yeah...you know what thinking about it now I did see it, I'll look at it again before emailing my review" She said and he nodded slowly, confused at her awkward behaviour. The two reached the corner of the break room, the door being left slightly open allowing them to hear what was going on. Their ears immediately perked up at the voice of Yuki.

"Like who does she think she is? I get that she's our boss but she can't talk to people that way right?!" Yuki exclaimed. Jia held Jeno's arm to prevent him from opening the door, signalling to him to be quiet so she could listen in

"Yeah I guess" Haechan said without much emotion as he pursed his lips and tried to stay neutral in this situation.

"Like what a bitch! She literally has you locked in her fucking office 24/7. Can you even stand being around her that long!" She exclaimed and haechan chuckled awkwardly, not knowing what to say. Yet he found her statement hilarious deep down considering how he knew it was the complete opposite, and in fact he couldn't stand being without her.

Jeno turned to look at Jia, seeing her eyes now fall a little as the words hit a little deeper than they should have. But what really hurt her most is that in her perspective, Haechan, not only didn't deny it, continued to express his amusement.

"Ugh like its just so rude! No wonder she's still single. She literally has no other life but to boss people around. Who would ever want to date her?" The now extreme annoyance turned volatile and Haechan found the situation slightly toxic, not liking how she was talking about her.

"Jia" Jeno whispered in slight pity as he saw her eyes well up with tears at the statement. To Jia it was literally Yuki taking one of her biggest insecurities and slamming it into the face of the only guy at work she's ever been vulnerable with. And the guy who she nearly fucked just 20 minutes ago, listened there and opted to do nothing about it.

"You shouldn't talk about your boss that way" Haechan said and Jia's ears perked up, hopeful almost that even though they pledged to keep it a secret he would stand up for her.

"You're only saying that because you want her job, right?" She said with a smirk, looking at Haechan with a 'know it all' expression and Haexhan shook his head, not knowing what to say

"Right." Haechan said with a sigh. This was his dynamic with Jia around the office, anything more than that and they might catch on.

Jeno sighed as he watched the girl he grew fond off walk away after hearing Haechan's last word to end fhe conversation. It was a slap in the face for her, sirens going off in her head at the reminder that this was all it was for him.

Jeno clenched his jaw, being unimpressed by the behaviour of the two regardless of how carefree of a boss Jia was to both of them, especially since she held Haechan in such high regard.

"Don't you know spreading gossip is not allowed in the workplace?" His voice boomed, hands in his jean pockets and he walked into the room and the two looked at him. One of them looked caught like a deer in headlights, while the other sheepishly nodded his head at the statement

"If I hear about this again, I'll report it to Mark in HR and your jobs will be at stake" Jeno said sternly and Yuki nodded, bowing cowardly before rushing out of the room

"You too Haechan...regardless of your dad owning the company" Jeno said, narrowing his eyes at the guy he wasn't quick to ever call a friend and Haechan nodded, sighing that he was being misunderstood but in attempts to keep it on the down low he couldn't do much.