Chapter 25 - Ending It

Drishti, through her family's manager, had found out Abhimanyu's location. She was near the ChaiScript book cafe, searching for him, where she saw him and Aashna talking to each other. Soon, as Abhimnyu picked up a file from his car, she stood there, ready to confront him. He stood up, equally bewildered at her sight.

"Abhi." She came closer to him. "Can you help me count how many times I've already told you what I'm about to say now?" She had tears in her eyes as she hit his chest slightly with her fist.

"Drishti." He tried to calm her down. "Listen to me. It's nothing like that." He glanced at Aashna, signalling her to leave them alone. Aashna blinked assuringly and walked away.

"Then? Where were you last night? I remember telling you to go with me to that dinner, didn't I? You didn't pick up my calls and never replied to my messages. We meet the next day and here I see you with another girl. You understand what that means, don't you? You didn't even go home the whole night! Were you with-"

"DRISHTI, STOP IT!" He tried shutting her thoughts. "Listen to me!"

He went on to explain to her the night-out plan and how they had kept their phones away. He thought that being true to her and telling her everything about last night would make her believe him, but she did nothing of that sort. Instead, her anger was fueled. "You think this makes sense? You being away the whole night, and me finding you here with her, all of it- what part of it makes sense? The part where you made new friends? Out of your family relations, on that? Great." She took a step back and with a dangerously calm face, said, "Abhi. You know how much I want to be with you. And yet you engage in all of this. You know, right? That it won't even take me more than five minutes to reveal everything to your parents and have you locked up in your room, WHILE having all of you to myself."

Drishti's words had crossed their limit. Abhimanyu's head jolted up hearing her utter out something like that. He had been holding back a lot. He finally spoke up. "Listen Drishti. I know very well the reason why you want to stay with me. And I am here to support you through all of it. I'm sure you know that too. But if you are planning to behave like this any further than this, we are going to have problems. I am trying to be the best person I can be. But that won't mean I would be letting others, including you, treat me like this. If you want to have support from someone, give them the same. That's how you live with other humans here."

Meanwhile, in the cafe, Muskan was getting restless with each passing second as to what was taking so long for Abhimanyu to get one file. Aashna had already gone to see the matter, but that just made her worry for two people instead. Muskan was already scared because of the stone-throwing incident, and they were not helping at all. Hoping they were fine out there, Muskan got up and decided to go to them and see for herself. She met Aashna at the door of the cafe and asked her the obvious questions. Aashna told her everything, including Drishti's sudden appearance. "I don't know for sure... but it seemed like she hates me... judging by the looks she gave me over there..." Aashna said while wondering for herself. This made Muskan annoyed, Drishti had arguments with Abhimanyu, so she should've kept them to him only. She had no right to drag others into it. That's what Muskan believed and walked out to talk to Drishti.

Muskan had already heard parts of their conversation and was now witnessing an enraged Drishti who had held Abhimanyu's collar and was pulling him towards herself, probably in an attempt to attract all of his attention.

While Abhimanyu was still adamant about his decision, he covered her fists with his hands, trying to calm her down. "Drishti, I've already said whatever I wanted to say, and I've heard whatever you wanted to say. I hate those toxic, hurtful dinners that you plan. You know that. And I've had enough of this relationship. Leave my collar. Leave me. We're breaking up, as you've always been saying." His voice was still as calm as ever.