Prologue

"You're not wearing it?" Marinette asked Adrien as he fidgeted with the metal rings.

"When Ladybug gave it to me, she told me how my father helped her to defeat Monarch, at the cost of his life. I don't know if I'll ever manage to be like him."

Marinette smiled gently, taking Adrien's hands in hers. "You don't need to be like him. Just be yourself," she slips the twin rings onto his left finger as Adrien blushes. "Adrien, you're the only one who can decide what you make of your life."

Adrien smiled warmly at his girlfriend. "You always find the right words, Marinette. When I'm with you, I feel so... so free!"

Now it's Marinette's turn to blush.

"I love you!" the couple says in unison, then share a laugh. They stare at each other in the eye for a brief moment, and as Adrien intertwines his hands with Marinette, the two of them share a heartfelt kiss — a kiss which they have been longing for to have ever since the day their hearts became as one.

***

"Still no trace of the Miraculous of the Butterfly?" Su-Han, the elder guardian asked. Marinette puts down the empty box on her table.

"After the wish, all I could find was the double wedding ring, along with the Miraculous that Monarch had turned into rings and Cat Noir's and mine. I transformed into Aquabug and searched the basement but nothing. Even after repairing everything, it's as if the brooch had... disappeared! But whatever happens, we'll be ready..."

A montage follows where each of the Miraculous are back to their respective holders.

"When Monarch seized my yoyo, he suddenly gained access to all the Miraculous at once. This can never happen again, which is why I'll remain the Guardian, but only to support and help my fellow heroes. From now on, each holder will be responsible for the Miraculous and their Kwami. To be sure that power is used for the greater good, it needs to be shared."

By the Eiffel Tower, the Miraculous team, including Bunnyx and Argos, are gathered together. Ladybug waits for them as Cat Noir joins her side shortly.

"Glad to see you again, m'Lady!" he smiles.

***

In the new school of Paris, the phone of the principle's office rings. He picks it up and bring's the phone to his ear.

"Mr. Damocles? Hello! My family and I just moved to Paris. Is it still possible to register at your new school for the upcoming year?"

"Oh, of course! I'll see you at the start of the school year."

Lila is shown hanging up the call. She takes on a brand new identity by the name Cerise, fastening the Butterfly Miraculous on her blouse.

"I look forward to seeing you again, Marinette Dupain-Cheng."

An unknown force appears right behind Cerise as her things begin to float mid-air. Turning around, Cerise's widened eyes are filled with fear before a light blinds her.

***

Cerise Bianca, once Lila Rossi, gasped at the purple kwami floating in front of her as white and purple light reflected in all directions. Nooroo the kwami of transmission opened his lavender eyes to look at his new master. Fear was written all over his face before the kwami tried to escape, flying in any direction he could.

"And how far do you plan to go before you reliaze you can't escape me?" Cerise mused, snapping her fingers so Nooroo would reapear right next to her everytime. The purple kwami fell into Cerise's extended hands in pure exhaustion, small tears forming in his eyes.

"I thought I was finally free."

Cerise handed Nooroo a peice of bread she had in her bag. "Now you're going to work for me, little kwami."

Nooroo nibbled on the peice of bread sadly. "Yes, my mistress."

Cerise's evil smile grew on her face.

"You may already know I will be the new villain in Paris," she informed the kwami. Nooroo nodded sadly.

"So is there anything else I need to know other than what Monarch failed to pull off?"

Nooroo shook his head, not willing to speak as he finished the bread. Cerise nodded.

"Nooroo, dark wings rise!" she suddenly called out, transforming to her supervillain identity.

Cerise's dark brown hair was changed to a hot pink, cut short in a choppy pixie style. Designs of crystals and butterflies in colors of light blue, purple and pink expanded all over Cerise, her suit made of flexible indestructible leather as her butterfly miraculous secured itself on her chest. Crystals continued to expand across her eyes, the same colors as her suit reflecting on her mask as a bigger purple crystal appeared on her forehead. As her green chrysalis earrings formed on her ears, her purple eyes opened with a new flame burning as she twirled her purple staff weapon.

"Chrysalis," she whispered to herself, playing with her earring. "Meet the new villain you'll have to fight, Ladybug and Cat Noir. Unlike Monarch, I will succeed in getting your Miraculous. And poor Marinette better watch out. Because I'm about to make her life a living hell. Even famous Adrien won't be able to help his girlfriend."

Chrysalis walked over to a large board nailed to the wall filled with all kinds of paper and pictures of her enemies. Taking out a red pen, Chrysalis circled Marinette's picture, her teeth gritting as she finished the circle.

"She'll pay for all the pain she caused me."

Checking the date, Chrysalis pondered a bit before making her decision.

"Instead of akumatizing someone now, I'll wait till the day Monarch - or should I say Shadow Moth - decided to akumatize the first Parisian! Almost like an anniversary, expect no one will be celebrating."

Heyyyy Miraculous fans, how are you all doing after that awful cliffhanger in Season 5? 

*waits to hear reaction from the fandom* 

Well not to worry! I will try my best to create Season 6 in my image until the actual thing COMES OUT. AND I CANT WAIT FOR THAT. ALSO - I had just figured out Miraculous existed around A FEW MONTHS AGO. I mean, I could have been marveling over it since 2015 but NOPE. I just discovered it this year. 

SO. (I should probably get to writing the next chapter instead of writing here.) 

Without further ado, I hope you enjoyed this RLLY SHORT prologue! I will admit the release of the chapters will probably take a while but know they WILL COME OUT. Hope y'all enjoy this fanfic and lmk what you think in the comments!! Tysm again!

~Ari <3