49. All The Walls Have Eyes

"Nonsense, you've always been better at it. When you were going to embroider a dragon, it at least looked like one."

Alyssa and Helaena had finally done what they said they would and gone out when the sun was out. Spring had taken root in the cold regions and no one seemed to enjoy it more than the two princesses.

They sat on a bench in the godwood and talked about their childhood when they saw how much fun the little ones were having on the lawn. Jaeharys and Baelon played around with little dragon toys that they waved around in the air to make them fly.

Rhaella sat a piece of roach from the noisy boys with a bouquet of flowers she had picked, what she was going to do with them was still unclear but it was just as sweet no matter what.

"But I remember you managed a flower, you can't deny that" Helaena argued with a laugh.

"Yes, once upon a time, and it was you who helped me with them."

Helaena bit the inside of her cheek in an attempt to think of something else. "Alright, alright. But you're good at other things. You were good at braiding, you still are."

"It reminds me of the time Aegon had fallen asleep under the godwood tree and we were both braiding his hair." Her words became more unclear to decipher as she began to giggle at the thought "And then when he woke up, he panicked"

They both started laughing at their shared childhood memories, Helaena was never as mischievous as Baela but they had somehow managed to joke with the boys around them.

"This house is full of men, it's a good thing we have Rhaella here" she stated. Helaena marched for a while and watched her daughter who sat tying and pulling on the the stem of the flowers.

"I remember how you were, there were times you climbed this tree to hide from your brothers. And the only way I could bring you down was if I brought something sweet." Helaena giggled.

"Yes, or you climbed up too. I remember when we both sat up there and ate caramelized lemons until the evening."

"Mother was furious at how dirty my dress was."

Alyssa nodded slowly with an apolegetic look on her face. "yes.... I remember"

Their conversation was interrupted when Baelon screamed it in happiness and began to run away from them. Alyssa's head snapped towards the boy and then her eyes lifted and she saw the reason for his happiness.

"Dada wook! Dwagon! " Exclaimed the boy to Aegon who chuckled as, crouched down to him and gave him a hug.

Baelon turned his head towards his mother "Mama, dada's here!"

She couldn't help but smile when she saw her son's happiness, no matter what disagreements she and Aegon might ever have, she would always rejoice in how happy he made their children.

"We'll play later, you and I, little dragon. Go hang out with Jaeharys in the meantime" He instructed and went to greet his wife and sister. Helaena stood up to give him a hug while Alyssa remained in her seat with her hands placed firmly in her lap. But she wasn't heartless no, so she offered her husband a smile.

But his fell when he felt that her smile contained the same falsehood as his mother's. Helaena sat back down and looked back and forth at Alyssa and Aegon, waiting for someone to say something.

He offered a similar smile like hers, The only difference was that he was overjoyed that he found her in the end. But she didn't seem to share his joy.

She shifted her gaze from her husband and to the children to get away from the rigid situation she was now in.

Baelon's name day celebration was the day before this one and the couple hadn't spoken to each other during that time. After all the time at the beginning of their marriage, the time when she felt lonely and unloved, unwanted and neglected, she didn't want him to go back to how he once was.