19

"M.S come in M.S." 

I walk out of my bathroom with a smile on my face. 

"Maddison Louise Smith... Please come in."

I laugh as I pick up the walkie-talkie off my nightstand. 

"Hello C.G.," I say into it. 

Carl surprised me with a walkie-talkie a couple of weeks ago. He thought it would be nice considering we can't really talk when I'm at the sanctuary and he's in Alexandria. I can't say I hate it. 

"Hey Mads," he tells me. 

"Hi Carl," I say to him, "How's your day been?" 

"Eh, it's alright... I've missed you a lot." 

I scrunch my nose at the words. As much as I love Carl, when he says stuff like that it kind of makes me cringe. 

 "Yeah, I've missed you too," I tell him, cringing at my own words. 

"There is something I've been wanting to ask you about," he tells me. 

"What is it?" 

Carl waits for a second to respond, "I've been thinking about how we don't really see each other that much anymore since you moved..." 

"Yeah, it kind of sucks," I say, waiting for him to ask me whatever it is.

"What if you slept over in Alexandria?" he asks, "I mean, you did live here, so you have your old room you could stay in." 

"That would be fun." I think for a second, "But I don't know what my dad will think about it..." 

"Did you have sleepovers before the breakout?" 

I think about the many sleepovers I had before, they were always so much fun. "Well yeah, but it's different now," I tell him. 

"I'm sure you could convince him," he tells me. 

"I guess I could try and talk to him." 

"Good..." he tells me. 

We continued to talk for a while until Rick needed Carl's help for something. 

I'm sitting outside my dad's meeting room, picking at my nails. I just got down here and I expected my dad to be done by now, but they are still in the meeting so I had to get comfortable. 

A few minutes later, the doors open and a bunch of the saviors come out of the room. Some of them looked at me and nodded but most of them didn't acknowledge me at all. 

Simon comes out and says hello, and then I see my dad with a surprised and confused look on his face. 

"Hey Maddison..." he tells me as I quickly stand up. 

"Hi Dad," I say with a smile, "Can I talk to you about something?" 

He nods slowly, "yeah, what is it?" 

"Well, I was talking to Carl earlier-"

He interrupts me, "Ah." 

I give him a look, silently asking him to let me talk, he mumbles a sorry and I continue, "What are your thoughts on me sleeping over in Alexandria?" I ask him. 

He looks over at me with a raised brow, "Maddie-" 

I cut him off, "I knew you wouldn't like the idea, but if you really think about it, I had sleepovers all the time before the breakout. And I was way younger then than I am now." 

"I don't know Mads." 

"It'll only be one night..." I look at him with my old eye trick that I always used to get things. It never worked on my mom, but it always worked on my dad. 

We step onto the elevator and he stares at me for a second, "You'll sleep in your old bed? By yourself?"

I'm confused for a second, then I realize what he's getting at, "Dad!" 

He laughs, "Well you can't blame me Mads, he's your boyfriend." 

I roll my eyes, "I'll sleep in my old bed, by myself." 

He thinks for a second as he opens the door to our place, "Okay." 

I squill with excitement and run to my room to tell Carl. 

//