♡25♡

♡♡♡♡♡

TW: MENTION OF DEATH/SUICIDE, HINTS AT ABUSE, THREATS, AND BLOOD MENTION!

Ni-ki slowly made his way upstairs after being told he should by everyone around him. He saw his boyfriend and someone who he assumed was Hyunjin's friend sitting together giggling.

Ni-ki felt jealous but calmed down the moment his boyfriend blew him a kiss. He gave him a soft smile and continued his way to the kitchen. He expected to see his mother accompanying Hyunjin, but his brother was there with Felix.

"Where is she Hyung?" Ni-ki asked.

"Grabbing them..." Hyunjin mumbled into Felix's shoulder.

"What? Grabbing what Hyunjin?" Ni-ki questioned.

"The letters." Mrs. Hwang suddenly spoke from behind them. Ni-ki froze up, not knowing what he should say. He knew he'd get upset, but like the others said. There was most likely a reason for her to keep them.

"Mom, why? Why keep something that important away from us? Hyunjin and I both were distraught when we lost Dad. You knew me wrote us letters, and you hid them?" Ni-ki stated.

"There's reasons for everything. You're getting the letters now because I can see you have matured and will understand more. There were other reasons I kept them too." Mrs. Hwang spoke softly.

"Now I want you two to sit down and keep your hands in your lap. I'm treating you like kids right now because I NEED you to listen." She spoke again.

The two boys nodded and sat down at the table. Felix stood behind Hyunjin for comfort because he knew it was something he needed. Ni-ki would need comforting too, and Felix felt as if he could comfort both boys.

"I'm going to place them in front of you. Mind you they are blood-stained because something was... happening in the moment he was writing those." Their mother spoke in a stern but gentle tone.

They stared at the letter in pure terror. There was a lot more blood than they had expected. They glanced at their mother and she nodded giving them the okay to read their letters.

Hyunjin started crying immediately after the first sentence. He never expected that his grandparents would be like that. Verbally abusing your kid was horrible enough, but beating them until they were crying in a pool of their blood? That is another level of crazy.

The boys had never met their dad's parents, and they just now found out that very reason as to why. Hyunjin stopped reading to glance at his younger brother. He was trying to hide the hurt in his eyes.

Hyunjin continued and felt hatred towards his grandparents. The more words entered his mind, the angrier he got. His grandparents threatened him. They hated their son and his happy family so much.

From his dad's letter, he learned that his mom's side was never fond of his dad's side. They knew something was off with them. They loved that their daughter was happy and healthy though.

Mr. Hwang always did his best to keep his wife and kids safe. Everyone was highly grateful for it. Most of them understood his home life and felt pity for the man.

His dad hated the pity. He hated the attention on him. He took his own life because of the threats and the pity. His grandparents threatened their son, they said if he didn't take his own life, they'd take away his children's lives.

At the time Hyunjin was barely 10 and Ni-ki was 5. They were willing to take the lives of children because they hated their only child so much

"Momma..." Hyunjin mumbled. Felix was already behind him pressing gentle kisses on his head.

"I know Jinnie, I am so sorry." He got in response.