❥ FOUR

WE FOUND WONDERLAND
YOU AND I GOT LOST IN IT

❥ WE FOUND WONDERLANDYOU AND I GOT LOST IN IT ❥

🂱🂽🂱

A corn maze, an elderly grandfather having a heart attack, a familiar Station 54 Aid Car being called onto the scene, and somehow, the only non-firefighter was also the only one down on the floor doing chest compressions. 

If it hadn't been for Travis asking her to reschedule their trip to the haunted corn maze, Althea had a plan to hole up in her house on her day off and simply rot away under some blankets with Gilmore Girls reruns playing on a loop. Maybe get some Indian takeout and leave all of her windows closed... except for the ones in her office with her plants.

It was all a blur really, from hearing the sirens and seeing the flashing lights, some "Oh, look, it's Layog," comment from an old firefighting buddy Althea never truly had, and a panicked young mother holding her toddler as her father is wheeled into the aid car on a gurney—unable to go with him in the ambulance since her son needed a car seat—but way too panic-stricken to look able to operate a vehicle on her own, either.

"Ma'am, will you let us drive you to the hospital?" Theo asked her gently, trying to get her to calm down as her eyes dart from Theo's face to the Aid Car. "Ma'am?"

Adrenaline was pumping through Althea's chest in a way it hadn't in a while, in a way she wasn't going to ever openly admit she missed, before she even had the chance to realize Theo had pulled her with him. Theo offered to drive the woman's car to the hospital, Mikey and Travis following behind in their car.

"What hospital are we going to?" Althea asked when everyone's actually situated in the car, realizing she blanked out for a moment there in the rush of things.

"Seattle Grace," Theo said nonchalantly, before pausing for a moment and looking at Althea with concern etched into the creases on his eyebrows. "You gonna be okay?"

This was Theo's third time seeing Althea in almost five months. Her departure from Station 54 back in June, and it was already almost Thanksgiving.

Althea just sucked in a breathe. She was starting to associate Seattle Grace with he friends she has been acquiring as of late, but the pit in her stomach was still there. She nodded at Theo, giving him a warm smile as it dawned on him.

"Of course."

🂱🂽🂱

"Avery and Little Grey, Hunt is waiting for you in the pit," Callie Torres said with a smile, most of the chief attendings all having the night off—where they would be spending at Joe's bar, other than Dr. Stark, who isn't exactly friends with the bunch.