Chapter 7

The introductions with Jacob are awkward. Jacob is teasing, Percy is a bit smug, and Annabeth is highly embarrassed at being caught in such a compromising position by a complete stranger. They end up deciding to head back towards Jacob's. It's just the direction their feet decide to take them. 

"So you're California then?" Jacobs asks Annabeth.

"And I spend the summer in New York. Percy and I go to the same camp," she responds.

Percy looks up at her and smiles sadly. He told her on their walk this morning that he doesn't know if he'll be able to return to camp this year. Depending on how things go here, he might just stay. The pendent he wears around his neck to shield him from monsters doesn't have a time limit either. Like the gods it will last fore thousands of years. 

They talked seriously about stepping back for a few years and letting the younger generation step up. It gives them anxiety to think about but they feel too worn down to continue as they are now. 

Eventually they find themselves walking along the road, having bypassed Jacob's house. A sleek silver car is speeding in their direction, going far too fast to be anywhere near legal. Percy can make out Edward from here and groans internally. The Cullen and Black rivalry is not something you want to be caught in the middle of if the conversation with Jacob yesterday was anything to go by.

Sure enough Edward slows to a stop by them and the window rolls down. Edward and Bella stare up at him.

"Hey wanna come over?" Edward says after a moment of shamelessly staring them all down, shooting Jacob a dirty look at the end.

Percy shrugs. "I don't mind. It's up to Annabeth. I was just showing her around Forks. Wise Girl, these are a few of the other people I mentioned, Edward and Bella."

Jacob looks a little betrayed at this, but says nothing. He doesn't understand, not really, but he won't complain right now in front of Edward and risk looking whiny. He instead opts for greeting Bella. Percy on the other hand is a little peeved. He feels like the pale brunette now. He's stuck between a rock and a hard place with these two and it's not like they're even fighting over him (thank the gods), but they're certainly using him as a reason to fight.

"Nice to meet you and I don't mind," Annabeth says hesitantly eyeing the shining sports car. Anything to break the tense atmosphere. 

----------

The ride is even more awkward, if possible. 

Percy and Edward don't exactly get along well, especially since Edward keeps staring at Percy likes he trying and failing to read his mind. (A/N lol irony) Percy is happy to see that Emmet and Alice are home, the two in the family that he actually gets along with. He pulls Annabeth along to introduce her. She only rolls her eyes at his childish behavior.

"Hey Perce," Emmet calls. "It's been awhile. Everyone thought you were going to die."

Rosalie who is standing just to his left frowns and elbows him. Alice looks like she was just thinking of doing the same. Instead, she steps forward and stretches out her hand to the blond demigod. "Hello I'm Alice. You must be Percy's girlfriend, Annabeth."

"Hey," Percy says, tugging his hands out of his pockets where they rested. "How do you know -"

"We should probably head inside," Edward says suddenly putting an arm on Alice's shoulder and steering her inside. "It looks like it might rain."

Emmet frowns, his eyes travel up to the gray clouds, but the air is calm and clear. "No, it doesn't -"

"Now might be best," Edward says, his smile bit tights and motions to the house. 

So they all travel inside. Percy is still puzzling over their strange behavior, but Annabeth's mind is working a mile a minute. They're obviously covering something up. Percy seemed surprised that the Alice girl knew who she is, so he couldn't have mentioned her (though she doesn't see why he wouldn't). Are they spying on her boyfriend or something? 

"Ah, Percy how are you feeling?" Carlisle asks, walking into the living room just as they do. Annabeth marvels at their pale skin and ethereal good looks. Her eyes take in modern living room and its simplistic features. The house doesn't have the same homey feel that a family home should. It doesn't feel like a place you sleep in and have dinners together. It feels almost like a headquarters, sort of like how the big house feels at times, as if it's not made for living in, but for coming together. 

She thinks back to their looks again. The paleness could be a result of the lack of sun in Forks, but aside from Bella the others in the town have at least semi-decent color to their skin. What are the chances that an entire family not related by blood would carry the same lack of skin pigment. Besides no sunlight could mean something else entirely for these people. Her mind is whirling a million miles a minute.

So of course she says the first rational conclusion that she comes to. "Are you vampires?"

The light banter between Percy and Emmet dies down and so does the whispered conversation between Alice and Rosalie. They all turn to stare at her with gaping expressions. She takes that as a yes. Well, not Percy. 

He actually looks kind of smug.

She whips around to look at him, her eyes narrowed. "You knew didn't you?"

"Yeah, uh," he looks sheepish, but not nearly enough. He runs a hand through his hair. "I figured it at before I got sick."

"Wait," Emmet says holding up a hand and Edward growls a warning that's ignored. "You knew? How?"

He stares at them incredulously now. "Are you kidding? Two days in this town and it's painfully obvious. If I couldn't figure it out before now... well, that'd just be plain sad."

They all kind of just stared at him unsure what to say. Emmet is smiling a bit. He seems to like the idea of his favorite human knowing that they're vampires. Then he frowns and his eyebrows crinkle as an idea pops into his head. "Wait do you know that Jacob and his buddies are werewolves then?"

"Emmet," Carlisle warns.

Percy nods and Annabeth just glares at him. "They're werewolves and you didn't think to mention it?!"

"It didn't seem important," he says with a shrug. 

No one knows what to say to that and Carlisle seems to really be struggling with something. Annabeth guesses there's some kind of vampire hierarchy and that they're not supposed to know any of this. Great she may have just gotten them killed by opening her big mouth.

Esme steps forward then. "Well how about we discuss this after lunch."

"But you don't eat," Percy says with a smile.

"Perce," Emmet says with a shove on his shoulder. "Just shut up and eat the damn food."

----------

A/N: you're not aloud to judge any inaccuracies, got it. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the update. It's always hard to write a crossover with a movie(s) you've only watches once.

Do vote.