Chapter 8

I'm back Beaches! Only 4 years but we'll see if I've still got it! 

I'm also on FanFiction.net as HowToTrainYourPratt with a variety of stories. I believe there's at least one that's PJO related, but obviously some Merlin (which you should fall in love with if you haven't already).

I learned not too long ago that Forks is a real place because I had to go through a very long list of Washington school superintendents for my boss. I've also rewatched the first movie, lol. So prepared for this.

There is, of course, chaos in admitting to closet-level vampires that you know what they are. 

So, okay. He didn't figure it out as quickly as Annabeth did, but his monster-grade sixth sense coupled with his absolute definitely-closet-level love of old scary movies made it easier to figure out.

The whole werewolf thing was different. He sort of cornered Seth when they went cliff jumping and quietly weaseled it out of him (he started by insinuating that he was all these different monsters until he landed on werewolf and got an appropriate reaction). He doesn't think Jacob knows he knows, but he's sure that Sam has a good idea (seriously, that man needs to lighten up).  

Back to the matter at hand, not only was Annabeth drilling the Cullens about their whole history and having a serious heart to heart about all his family's secrets while somehow dancing around their own, but he had been abandoned to Alice and Jasper. 

Alice had somehow made herself in charge of making sure he's fed, which may or may not be a result of his recent brush with utter misery and ugh! fevers. Just when he thinks he's won their verbal sparring about whether he's going to eat all that food (seriously there's way too much!), Jasper gives him a look.

He doesn't even understand the look. He just sort of looks way to focused, but Percy has a building urge to cave and stuff his entire face.

He throws up his hands, "I just ate breakfast a few hours ago and Annabeth promised me pizza! I need that stomach space people! I know you don't eat so you don't get it, but pizza is the food of the gods!"

Emmet, who's only just drifted back over, smirks. "Come on, just eat it. Alice won't give up and you won't win with Jasper on her side."

"Why?" the demigod asks, eye-balling the utter jock of a vampire.

"Oh, he's got this ability where he can sway your emotions. You're going to want that food real bad," Emmet responds casually.

Percy gives him an unreadable look before turning smugly to Jasper, "You have nothing on Piper." (A/N I've since gotten a dog and named her this. I think she has charmspeak. Hard to tell since she doesn't speak English but she has yet to not get her way)

The sulky man looks about ready to say something, but now the whole family is joining them along with Annabeth. She loops her arm in his and says, "Stop antagonizing people, Seaweed Brain."

He pouts. Percy honest to gods puts on a pout to rival the skill of his wolf glare and Annabeth has so little experience with this particular level of pettiness that she's momentarily stunned. It's not that she hasn't seen him pout yet (because he's like a dam puppy when he doesn't get his way), but this is on another level. 

There are still little quirks that he picked up from his time with the Romans that she's unraveling. He even seems to be aware of this, with the way he seems to hold them back unless he absolutely wants something.

"But Wise Girl, they're trying to make me explode before pizza."

She rubs the bridge of her nose and lets out a long-suffering sigh. "Percy, they made all this food because you scared them by almost starving- Don't give me that look! Carlisle told me all those details you just happened to leave out! I'm sure Sally will have even more for me later! Anyway, we can have pizza for dinner."

Rolling his eyes, the son of Poseidon groans. "Fine, I'll eat a little bit."

And he does, he eats as much as he can once he gets a taste of the food. The Cullens may not have a taste for the food but they sure know how to find a good recipe. 

He watches the odd family around him as he chews and they continue the quiet conversation, this time about the periods of history they lived through that she's fact-checking. Idly, he wonders what their conversation from before entailed. He supposes his girlfriend will tell him tonight, but still the Cullens can't be content.

Their shoulders are straight and tense, except for Alice, who seems to have opened up her trust to Percy far too quickly, and Emmet, who gives Percy a we'll-talk-later look every so often.

The Cullens have shared more than they probably intended, having come face to face with the girl who's willing to have a go at Hera about a certain kidnapping instance. It may be part of the reason why he was gifted the talisman that protects him, but that's only an unconfirmed theory for now. Annabeth, on the hand, does not appear to have given anything away.

He thinks he caught mention about how ordinary his parents are as part of her dismissal for one of Esme's questions. 

He pushes a meatball towards his girlfriend, who's plate is mostly empty. She gives him a quick smile and then turns back to Edward, who's telling a story about his experience with the 60's. It seems to amuse Annabeth to no end. 

Sometime as they're cleaning up Bella returns. She had been dropped off at home for dinner, while they updated Sally and Paul on where they were going. She seems a little surprised when it comes to light that the two strange visitors know.

She stands awkwardly by Edward, shoulders hunched as she somewhat makes eye contact for a moment. "So, uh, what are you guys?"

Rosalie snorts, but it's derisive and Percy remembers that she doesn't like Bella. She'd never been that subtle after all. Percy himself doesn't have an opinion on the mousy girl other than that she's rather dependent on Edward for having not known him all that long.

"We're just weirdos," Percy puts out casually. "Though I've also been called a troublemaker, no-good brat, and even vermin on a few occasions. Depends which old teacher or principal you ask."

At least Emmet finds him funny.

Whelp there it is! It's been a while but let me know what you think. 

My writing style has changed quite a bit, so it's a little hard to pick up where I left off. Hope you like it! 

Also don't forget to vote, follow, and comment.