Chapter 1

Percy closes the trunk to the Prius and carries the last of the boxes into the house. As he walks he catches the eye of his neighbor, Charlie Swan if he remembers correctly. He gives a slight smile before ducking through the doorway.

He sits the boxes down on the kitchen table, careful not to let them fall. They're pretty large after all. He catches sight of his mom through the sliding door leading out to the deck and his eyes wonder down to the infant in her arms, eight month old Andromeda. He grins widely and sticks his tongue out making the baby laugh.

Without noticing, he's doing it, Percy's hand wonders up to a small pendant hanging around his neck. It's about the same diameter as a quarter but disk shaped and slightly thicker. It's a slightly translucent teal color with a distinct white trident engraved on it. The pendant was a gift from Hera strangely enough, but one he was more than happy to accept. it dangles on a thin, leather strap the goddess promised would never break and it protects the wearer from the prying eyes (and noses) of monsters and other beings that just might want to kill him, such as certain primordial goddesses. 

At first Percy wasn't happy about the move and the fact that he would have to complete the rest of his senior year at a different school. After all Goode was the first school he had managed to not get kicked out of. However his attitude towards it had gradually changed as they packed. Though he would be leaving Annabeth, he would also be leaving the post war politics of the two camps and Jason, Frank and Reyna could take the reigns. The burden it took of his shoulders was immense and even better, he can use this time away to heal mentally.

Percy sighs and gets to work unpacking. It'll be a long night just getting the essentials out of boxes and he still has to start his new school tomorrow. Forks High School, home of the Spartans. The irony of it is somehow unfair.

- O - O - O - O - O -

Bella stands with the Cullens early Monday morning. School doesn't start for another twenty minutes and most people just hang out in the parking lot, unwilling to stuff themselves in the cramped school hallways and too small desk. 

A beat up Prius pulls into the empty teacher's spot. If Bella remembers right this is the new English teacher that just moved in next door. An older gentleman with peppered hair steps out of the car. His appearance practically screams professor. Then from the passenger side another figure steps out. He's tall and lean with hair as black as a raven's coat. Bella wasn't aware that her neighbor had a son in high school, at least he has to be in high school because he looks to young to teach and a bit to rebellious. He turns their way and several girls' breaths catch. He's very good looking and his eyes are a very startling blue-green.

Beside her, Edwards shifts and she can almost feel his unease. She looks back. "What is it?"

"I can't read his mind..... It's like it's blocked." He answers not looking away from the new arrival.

"Maybe he's just too far away." Bella tries, but even she knows that's not true. Edward can read the minds of people inside the school building if he really wants to and the black haired teen isn't standing that far away. (A/N I have no idea if that's actually true, but for this story it is:)

The group watches in silence as the pair makes their way inside. 

- O - O - O - O - O -

Percy's first day is probably the most awkward one he's every had to go through. Schools in Manhattan are usually large and new students go unnoticed most of the time, but Forks High is tiny. It's seems everybody in the school is looking at him, heck even Paul is getting less attention than he is. I mean how often can a small school like this get a new teachers? Isn't it super rare?

"You okay?" Paul asks when Percy sighs for what must be the tenth time.

He glances up at his step dad. "Yeah. I just wish they wouldn't stare. I'm not a freaking alien."

Paul chuckles. "Well-"

"Doesn't count," Percy interrupts. "Plus how the heck are they supposed to know that my dad is the god of the seas."

They both laugh a little and Paul ducks into the little classroom that he will be teaching in for the next several years. Percy follows and happily closes the door behind him, effectively shutting out the stares.

"You know we still have to check in with the office and you have to get your schedule." Paul says, sending a look the demigod's way. 

"Yeah I know," Percy says and leans against a desk. "But can we not and say we did."

Paul chuckles again. "If only it worked that way."

- O - O - O - O - O -

Percy groans as he unloads his books into his locker. Halfway done with day one. He just has lunch and three more classes and then he can escape.  Finally he grabs the sack with his mom's homemade cookies and slams the door closed. He heads down the hall towards the lunchroom he passed earlier.

Surprisingly the room is large and one whole wall is full of windows. There's even a entrance from the outside. It's not super nice or very expensive looking, but it is more inviting than the rest of the building, what with all the natural light coming in and all.

Percy picks a table by the outer wall and sits down by himself. To his right is a group that he saw this morning standing by some very expensive looking cars. They're all pretty pale with strange golden colored eyes that give Percy goosebumps. It makes him think of Luke during the Battle of Manhattan. However despite the group's strange looks, they are all startling in appearances, not quite godlike but maybe somewhere along the lines of children-of-Aphrodite beautiful. Well that is except for the one girl. She's very ordinary looking compared to the rest and her eyes are a dull brown.

He sighs, again, and reaches in his bag for a cookie. Truthfully he's not that hungry. He may have regained most of his muscle and skin complexion since the war, but he still can't eat much at one time. In fact he eats so little that he's begun to lose weight again and it worries his family.

He munches on the blue cookie and starts to zone out. When the girl with short brown hair from the table mentioned before plops down directly in front of him he jumps nearly a foot in the air and almost chokes on the delightful piece of dough. 

 "Hi. My name is Alice," she says and sticks her hand out across the table.

----------------------------------------------------

A/N Sorry if you already read this and I changed it so much, but I felt this was a little more realistic. Plus I didn't want Edward to meet Sally (or Paul directly) because he would be able to read her mind and there goes all the fun secrets.

Anyway please vote, comment, and follow. Then check out my other stories if you haven't already.