SIX

˗ˏˋ A R D E N ˎˊ

          Everyone has a certain chapter
in their life that they aren't willing to share out loud to an audience. It may take decades to earn some trust and have a person read every single line of their experienced soul. 

Silas had things locked up until I earned his respect and trust. Personally, I only let the cat out of the bag about my darker days when Silas earned my own trust.

I can see my dear little Valencia also has quite a few stories that she is keeping a tight lid on. Her honey brown eyes tell more than words could ever say.

She tasted sweet.

The way her luscious lips felt on mine was addictive. Her warmth, her lips, and her scent is what I am craving more of.

After the last movie ended she retreated to her room for some sleep, leaving me to own naughty thoughts.

I adjust my ridiculous hard-on in my pants and make my way to Silas' lair. The man loves to sit in the dark, blast loud music, stare at a wall and contemplate his life.

He is such a drama queen.

My knuckles rasps gently on the door as curtesy before pushing it open. Usually, he would ignore a knock anyways.

His door is rarely locked, although I wouldn't be surprised if he started locking it after Valencia joined our residence.

"How did things go?" I ask, closing the door behind me. The last thing we need is Valencia to hear the atrocious acts that could have gone down tonight. I don't want her running for hills thinking that we are horrible people.

I don't want her running away from us. She is way too pretty not to want to keep.

Silas sits at his desk across from his bed. His hands are in his dark hair, eyes locked onto what seems to be an endless amount of paperwork.

"The Lotus" is officially property of Silas Graves and Arden Fairchild." He glances my way briefly before scribbling words on paper. "This fucking bar better be a moneymaker."

After Silas called to inform me about the mishaps of all that went down, I suggested taking over the place and giving Valencia a much more rewarding position.

Silas is acting like the place would have been nothing but a thorn in his side, yet he was the one to go through with the idea. It seems he has a soft spot for our beloved Valencia.

"No inconveniences in the process?" I quirk an eyebrow at the grumpy bastard. Getting information out of him is always tricky when he's in a sour mood. He shakes his head as if he's disappointed that blood wasn't shed today.

"All this just to put a smile on Valencia's face," I taunt him, knowing that his short-fused temper could be amusing at times. All the teasing is apart of my brotherly charm, he's aware of that.

"Don't start with me, jackass. This was simply a business opportunity."

He's in denial.

"Oh, that's rubbish and you know it. Come on, admit it." I perch on his bedside, rolling up my sleeves. "You like her. Wait. No. You want her."

"I seriously hope you get struck by lightning and your body dust evaporates," he retorts.

"Not scientifically possible."

I watch his back tense before tossing his pen aside. He faces me with a raised eyebrow, his lips pulled into a scowl. "You're a hypocrite you royal asshole. You two looked more than a little comfortable a couple hours ago."