Chapter 2

Inside of Casita was a mess of different people decorating and moving things left and right for tonight's ceremony. A few people bumped into the teens making them stumble a little before catching their balance.

“Luisa, the piano goes upstairs!” Abuela Alma instructed.

Luisa, who was walking past them carrying three barrels, leaped into action dropping the barrels onto the ground, “I'm on it! Careful sis! Careful (Y/N)”

  A strong gust of wind blew their hair back and they looked over at Tia Pepa pacing in a circle clearly stressed.

“My baby's night has to be perfect, and it's not perfect.” She muttered loudly, “And people are going to be coming and nothing's ready!”

“You're tornado-ing the flowers!” Tio Felix tried to warn her, “The flowers!”

“Did someone say flowers?” A cocky male voice echoed out.

A beam of light focuses on Isaiah as he floats down on his vines. The storm ceased and everyone watched the male in awe and glee, while Mirabel looked unimpressed and annoyed.

“Please don't clap.” Isaiah created a bouquet of flowers and handed them to Tia Pepa.

“Thank you.” The older woman smiled, holding the flowers close.

Isaiah smiled sweetly, “Oh, it's nothing!” He turned his head sharply, making his ponytail hit Mirabel in the face. He rolled his eyes at her, “A little brotherly advice, if you weren't always trying too hard, you wouldn't be in the way.”

Mirabel narrowed her eyes at her older brother, “Actually, Isa, this is called helping. And I'm not in the way. You are.”

(Y/N) winced at Mirabel who just ran into a pillar and before she could help, a vine wrapped around her wrist. Her (e/c) eyes followed the vine and saw Isaiah smirking at her.

“Come on, Mi Sol.” He yanked the vine a bit and started walking, “I got something to talk with you about.”

(Y/N) looked back at Mirabel giving her an apologetic smile before getting yanked away.

Isaiah dragged the girl all the way to his room and once the door closed behind them, he released the vine's grip on her wrist.

“So what did you want to talk about?” She asked him, watching as he sat on his flower bed.

He grabbed the vines that kept his bed hanging and looked at her with a teasing grin, “Mi Sol, why do you still have that orchid?

“Well if it grew the way I wanted it to, I was going to give it to you.” (Y/N) said and frowned looking down at the potted plant in her hand.

“How cute.” He grinned, “Though you are terrible at gardening, I appreciate the thought.”

She cracked a small grin and walked over to the bed, taking a seat and looked at him with furrowed brows, “Why did you drag me away from Mirabel?”

He frowned, “I needed to talk to you, I heard Abuela talking to the Guzmans, I-I think they are trying to marry me off to Mariana.”

A sudden pain hit her heart, the idea of him being with Mariana made her sick for some unknown reason. She forced a smile on her way and tried to push the unknown feeling away.

“She seems like a nice girl.” She shrugged, “She's liked you for a while now too.”

Isaiah scoffed and looked at her, “But I don't love her so it's pointless.” He sighed and laid back on his bed staring up at the high ceiling filled with flowers, “There's someone else I love, but I doubt she loves me back.”