Chapter 6

There she stood, Abuela Alma, staring at them in disbelief, disappointment, and anger.

The smile on Isaiah's face vanished, and a panicked look replaced it. He sat up quickly and tried to fix his disheveled hair, while Mirabel smiled excitedly at her grandmother.

“Abuela!” She gasped, “It's okay! Everything's…”

“Mira…” (Y/N) whispered softly to her best friend, trying to get her to stop talking.

They stood up at this point, and Isaiah slowly reached his pinky out to wrap around hers.

Mirabel ignored her and continued, “We're gonna save the miracle…the magic..”

“What are you talking about?” Abuela Alma cut her off, “Look at our home!” She gestured over to Isaiah, “Look at your brother!”

“Please just…Isaiah wasn't happy and..”

“Of course he isn't happy, you ruined his proposal!” Abuela Alma cut her off again.

Mirabel kept trying to explain, “No no, he needed me to ruin his proposal so that he can finally be with (Y/N)! And then we did all this, and the candle burned brighter and the cracks…”

Isaiah saw the expression on his grandmother's face as she looked at him and (Y/N). He hesitated for a moment, then slowly walked to the other side of the room, quietly joining Luisa, who had just entered the room.

(Y/N) followed behind him and gently tugged his pinky with hers, “Isa..”

“That's why I'm in the vision!” Mirabel smiled, “I'm saving the miracle!”

“You have to stop, Mirabel!” Abuela Alma snapped, “The cracks started with you. Bruno left because of you. Luisa's losing her powers, Isaiah's out of control, because of you! I don't know why you weren't given a gift, but it is not an excuse for you to hurt this family!”

The house groaned as cracks slowly began to emerge again.

“But she was trying to help your family!” (Y/N) defended her friend, ignoring the warning look Isaiah shot at her, “When her and Isaiah reconciled the cracks went away clearly, she did something right!”

Abuela Alma glared at her, “Not another word from you (L/N)! This is not your business, so leave and never come back. You're too much of a distraction to Isaiah and Mirabel!”

Isaiah wrapped an arm around (Y/N) and glared at his abuela, “She doesn't distract me, she makes me happy! You can't separate us! I'll never forgive you if you do!”

The house began to rumble more, and the cracks got bigger.

Mirabel frowned, looking down before looking back at her grandmother, “I will never be good enough for you. Will I? No matter how hard I try.” She glanced over her family, seeing her mom and dad joined. “No matter how hard any of us tries. Luisa will never be strong enough. Isaiah won't be perfect enough. Bruno left our family because you only saw the worst in him.”

“Bruno didn't care about this family.” Abuela Alma retorted.

“He loves this family.” Mirabel defended, “I love this family! We all love this family! You're the one that doesn't care!”

The cracks got larger inside the house and spread all around. They have even reached outside of Casita and into the town, splitting streets in half.

“You're the one breaking our home!”

“Don't you ever…!”

“The miracle is dying because of you.” Mirable accused.

The ground between the arguing Madrigal's cracked loudly. The entire family, at this point, has witnessed the argument and the various cracks that keep appearing on the house.