c h a p t e r f o u r

Chapter Four - Home

adrian

I have a brief introduction with Kaden, Hayes, Avery and Blake. It happens as they're on their way out and I'm coming down the stairs. Awkward isn't even the word I'd use to describe it.

They're unaware of how to react to me, I can tell, and the feeling is mutual.

Thank God Phoenix is there to mediate. Either he doesn't sense the tension in the interaction or he doesn't care to acknowledge it but he keeps talking..

They leave after Phoenix informs me they're going out and that Damon and Luciano are somewhere in the house. Everyone else already left for who-the-hell-knows-what.

I told Phoenix about the picture of him, Reece and I at dinner which has long since passed. A glance at the account after dinner and the picture was gone. It disappeared as if it never existed in the first place.

Now the house is basically empty, I'm no longer a feature on a gossip Instagram page and I'm free to explore the house all I want. The wing our bedrooms are in is the main wing of the house, and the only wing I plan on exploring at current time. I have a feeling that getting lost in this house would be an easy thing to achieve.

There are plenty of eccentric rooms that occupy the basement and first floor of this wing of the house. A lot of them just seem to display the ungodly amount of wealth my brothers have even without that being the main objective.

The first door at the very end of the hall of the basement is an unidentified locked room that I don't bother with for long. The second is a panic room decked out with a fridge stacked from top to bottom with any drink imaginable, a pantry full of every snack I could ever think of, a TV mounted to the wall and a bathroom.

The third room is a wine cellar that is of no interest to me, but the detail in it is exquisite. It reeks of money. The entire wine rack is gold, real or not, I have no idea. It takes up the entirety of three walls and every crevice houses a bottle of wine. In the middle of the room is a pure glass case with another gold wine rack inside it that is also stacked from top to bottom with more wine bottles. The case, however, has a keypad to lock it and it leads me to the assumption that those are the more expensive bottles.

An indoor pool fills more than half the space of the fourth room. The entire room is marbled with ivory, gold and cream from the floor to the ceilings. In the front of the room is bar area with a entire wall of drinks ranging from alcohol, to sodas, to energy drinks and on the other side of the bar holds five bar stools mounted to the floor. On the left side of the room is a lounge area with TV mounted to the wall, a set of ivory couches, a pair of ivory reclineable chairs and an array of ivory pool chairs as well as more pool chairs lining either side of the pool. I decide that this a room which I will definitely be visiting some time in the near future.

The fifth door leads to what I assume is a like a large lounge area. The roof and the walls are black while the floor is concrete and white. The right wall and the left wall houses two sets of white L-shaped couches, white tables in front of each couch and two TVs above each couch that seemed as if they formed part of the walls.

Behind the six door is an essentially useless at home spa since there are no masseuses. Open curtains that are meant to seperate each section reveal a section with three massage tables, another with two hot tubs and the third with an array of chairs against the wall meant to be a manicure and pedicure area.

The seventh is a steam room. The floor, the walls, the roof and the benches that lined the four walls are all made entirely of wood and I have yet to explore the eighth.