Outsider meet Freak

The next morning I was woken up by fingers gently running their way through my curls, miraculously missing the tangles.

"Time to wake up, baby girl," Tim spoke in a voice reserved for me and me only. It made me feel special in a way although in another way it made me feel a little infantilized. Even so it was better than the tone he used for Curly. I raised my head in time to see him kick Curly's bed frame which jolted my twin awake, "Get up shit for brains." As quickly as Tim came in, he left the room once more.

"Jackass." Curly mumbled once he was sure Tim was out of ear shot. He sat up, his curls looking wild. I doubted mine looked much better. He threw of his covers, only clad in a sleep shirt and red boxer briefs.

"Put on some clothes." I mumbled as I laid back down and covered my head with my blanket. I felt something collide with my thigh. I quickly realized Curly chucked one of his shoes at me.

"What does it look like I'm doing smartass?" He rolled his eyes before gathering some clothes and heading to the bathroom. He always let me have the room to change in despite being as territorial as he was.

I stayed in bed a little longer, feeling the weight of the covers over my body. Slowly I forced myself to get up, knowing that if Tim had to come in again, he'd be less nice than he was. I searched through my drawer before picking out a bit of a baggy shirt(one of the several hand me downs from Curly and Tim) and a pair of shorts. As I pulled them on, I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I hated looking. I wore the baggy clothes to hide what was underneath. It wasn't like I looked bad hell I was used to being told I had a body guys wanted. Big tits, curves, and a not so bad looking face but I didn't like the attention. I hated it. I felt dirty then again...I guess I usually did.

Before I headed into the kitchen, I peaked my head out to make sure Ma and my step dad Ed weren't around. They liked to yell at me, lay hands on me if I came out of my room. I knew it wasn't right but in this neighborhood it's not like there were people who cared.

"Rayanna come on! I ain't waiting forever!" Angela called from near the table. Fuck she had a hairbrush. I hated when she did my hair. My hair was always a rat nest of tangles and getting it to behave was the hard part. Even so I didn't feel like running around the house, getting chased. So I huffed and sat in my usual chair as Angela started.

I bit my lip to avoid yelling out as she did it. My eyes drifted towards her, a look of annoyance draped over her face. I wish I looked like her. Maybe not in that exact facial expression but still like her. I wanted her manageable hair. It hung in soft ringlets at the ends while mine was just a curly mess. She was thinner than me, smaller boobs and hips as well. Although she'd still chase after boys and they'd chase her. Something she seemed to want me to take part in. Most of all though, I wanted her complexion. Her skin was a soft brown like our dad's was. Tim had the same kind of shade. Curly was just a bit lighter but still there. Then there was me. I took after my mom more than anything and hell I hated it. I didn't look much like my siblings besides the hair.

Personally I thought it didn't make a lot of sense. Sure genetically I understand recessive and dominant traits as well as how traits are split when it comes to twins. However it bothered me that my skin was white and Curly's wasn't. Although white was an exaggeration, I still had melanin. I was still brownish but I knew I could pass for white easier than my siblings could. I think that's what our mom wanted anyway. That's why our last name was Shepard, her last name.

"Quit squirming!" Angela squawked at me as she yanked me back by my shoulder. I didn't even realize as I was rocking as I sat in my own thoughts. "Don't get it in your head that I like doing this. I just don't want my little sister lookin like a mess." That was lie. She did like making me look presentable. Curly and Tim had one another so she assumed that she'd have me. It wasn't the case. We weren't close like sisters are supposed to be. I didn't care much for what she did.