Maya is back

"Revenge is a dish best served cold

"Revenge is a dish best served cold."

A car stopped somewhere in the forest. It was dark and no one was around. 

"What's wrong with the engine now?"

A man came out of the car, opened the bonnet and started checking it. 

"What's wrong Vikram?" A woman followed him outside.

"I'll check it." 

What he didn't realize was that his partner was slowly creeping up on him from the back. He felt something cold press to his back. He dared to turn around. His partner had a gun pointed to his head.

"What is this, Maya?"

Maya scoffed. "You didn't really think I'll never gain my memories did you?"

A chill ran down his spine but he managed to compose himself.  "What I did was for your own good."

"For my good, you say? I lost everything because of you."

"I gave you your life to begin with. So I have the right to you."

"You're wrong. No one has the right to me, except me. "

"You can't kill me, Maya. I know you can't. They'll arrest you and you'll never have your revenge."

"They can't arrest me in a suicide case, can they?" She had the chance of seeing fear in his eyes right before she shot him in between them. She then wiped off the gun and placed it in his right palm. 

SHe took one last look at him before disappearing into the night. "Maya is back."