Maya

I went upstairs to the room Rudra and I once shared. As soon as I entered, I was engulfed by the warm memories that were once made here. I entered Rudra's life for revenge. I fell in love with him. I wasn't meant to, but I did. I never regretted it one bit. 

If only we had met in different circumstances.. If only he had been the one I first gave my heart to. But maybe there is a life in which we end up together. I hope there is. I hope I am not as miserable in every life.

My revenge ends today. The peace I am feeling today is unmatched. I slowly shut the door and started walking towards the terrace. I knew what I was doing, but I still felt like I was in a trance. 

My arm was bleeding profusely. It was a wound that could be healed in a short time, but I didn't want to heal anymore. I had no one left by my side. I didn't have a reason to live. And maybe Rudra will hate me a little less after this. Maybe he will look back on the happy memories we made and smile. That was my last thought as I climbed the railing of the terrace and closed my eyes.

"Maya!" Ohh.. I must be dreaming. Rudra is calling my name. "Maya!"

If it is a dream, why does it feel so real? 

"Maya!"

This time, I realized that I perhaps wasn't dreaming. I slowly turned my head back. The love of my life can in front of me. He stared at me like he couldn't believe what I was doing.

"Get down, Maya."

I smiled.

"Rudra."

"Maya." He came a little closer to me. "Get. Down. Now."

"Step back." I snapped at him. He cautiously raised his hands.

"Why are you doing this?"

I thought for a while. 

"Maybe I do not have a reason to live anymore."

"You're wrong. You still have to pay for your sins. So, get down." 

"I will pay for my sins. Just not here. I will do it in front of god."

"Maya. Please listen to me."

"I'm glad I got the chance to see you for the last time. I hope we get a happy ending in the next life, Rudra. I love you." I said as I finally closed my eyes and pushed myself off the railing.