Chapter 2 - A Deal... Or Three

(No POV)

Furiosa, who is still wearing her scarf and goggles, drives in the sandstorm for a few moments before stopping, not wanting to get lost, and leans back in her seat with a sigh and deep breaths.

"That was fun" Y/N says also breathing heavily and wearing the scarf and goggles.

Furiosa huffs amused.

"Not quite the fun I typically enjoy though" She breathes a laugh.

He chuckles as he looks out the window...

Then he remembers a very important thing.

"Wait," He says turning to her.

She looks back at him.

"What of your friend? The woman?" He asks.

Furiosa eyes widen.

She had forgotten the girls were still hiding in the tanker!

"Shit!" She yells and climbs to the back.

Y/N kneels down next to the hatch and stops her.

"Bang on the hatch and I'll open it for you when you come back" He says.

She nods and opens the hatch as some dust blows inside but Furiosa quickly but carefully climbs through and Y/N shuts the hatch when she's through.

Furiosa carefully crawls to the tanker and finds the five women waiting for her.

"Furiosa!" Angharad yells relieved.

"I'm going to help you all one by one into the cabin! Ok!?" She yells back to the girls who nod.

"Who's first!?" She asks.

Angharad reassures Cheedo and she comes up hesitantly.

"You do exactly as I say understood!?" She asks and Cheedo nods.

Furiosa carefully helps Cheedo cross until they reach the hatch. Furiosa pounds on the hatch and Y/N opens it.

Though he was just as surprised as Cheedo when they saw each other. She had forgotten about the prisoner and he thought Angharad was going to appear.

But Y/N quickly snaps out of it and holds his hand out to her.

She looks at his hand then back to him and hesitantly takes it and he helps her up onto the backseat.

"Hey!" Furiosa yells popping her head out of the hatch.

"Four more!" She says holding four fingers up.

He gives a thumbs up and nods before she disappears and he closes the hatch.

Cheedo sits on the far side of the seat, away from Y/N. She stares at him a little frightened but also a little curious at him.

He glances up at her and notices she's staring at him.

"Hello" She says shyly with a small wave.

Y/N nods back and focuses on the hatch.

They sit there in silence with some awkwardness in the air until the hatch was banged on again.

He opens it and Toast is there.

He offers his hand and, like Cheedo, she too hesitantly takes his hand and he helps her onto the backseat before closing the hatch.

Toast sits next to Cheedo and they hold each other's hands for comfort.

And like Cheedo, Toast stares at Y/N slightly frightened and curious but also with a bit of hostility.

He notices her stare as well but he nods to her and returns to watching the hatch.