3

Aria: Farewell? Your farewell sounds like I've gone somewhere far away.

Augustus: One never knows when life may end; I usually say this to everyone.

Augustus: Just in case, God forbid something happens.

Aria: So, you're prepared for my death?

Augustus: Not yours, mine.

---

Aria: Is it night or morning?

Augustus: It's morning here. And I assume it is evening there.

Aria: It is, but it's 3:04 a.m., so technically it's morning. I don't know why, but I can't fall asleep.

Augustus: Well, that's quite concerning.

Aria: You don't understand, do you?

Augustus: Apologies, I don't. So, make me understand.

Aria: Nothing, Augustus.

Aria: It's just that I'm excited because tomorrow is Eid.

Augustus: Happy Eid, Aria.

Aria: Nah! Say Eid Mubarak.

Augustus: Mubarak?

Aria: Happy Eid is also okay, but I want you to say Eid Mubarak.

Aria: Mubarak means happy or congratulations.

Augustus: I see. I will use it next time.

Aria: ^_^

Aria: Though I'm an atheist, I do like to enjoy every festival.

Augustus: I am curious as to why you don't believe in God.

Aria: That's for me to know and you to find out.

Aria: I think my tone changed to match your tone, and I didn't even realize it.

Aria: It's natural, I guess.

Aria: If you're busy, I'm going to sleep.

Augustus: I was washing up, do not mind me.

Augustus: Though you should go to sleep. You might not enjoy the next day, Aria; you'll feel quite groggy.

___________________

Augustus pov

"Your Highness, Lady Amy has arrived," I heard from outside my room. I set my phone aside; I had been using it for hours. I hadn't gotten a wink of sleep all night as I had come across a rather interesting person on the internet.

I adjusted my suit. It might seem peculiar for ordinary people to wear a suit in their own home, but I am not ordinary. I was raised differently. I must always appear presentable, even in my pajamas.

In a generation where people are making TikToks, here I am, studying politics and science. To be fair, it interests me far more than any media trend could.

I opened the door, and my butler, Mr. James, bowed to me. I nodded my head in acknowledgment. "She is in the garden waiting for you, Your Highness," James informed me, and I made my way to the garden.

I saw the familiar figure sitting in the gazebo. "Long time no see, sister-in-law. What brings you here?" I sat opposite her while she brewed tea for me. "It's really been a long time, Augustus. Here, have some tea," she said, placing the cup of tea in front of me with a mischievous smile. That smile meant she was up to something, and I might not like what that something was.

"Thank you," I said, kissing the back of her hand as a greeting. I then sat back down and sipped the warm tea. The tea soothed my nerves and alleviated the headache I had from not sleeping.

"You don't look well, little brother. Trouble in paradise?" The familiar voice of my brother came from behind me. "Big brother, you're here too?" I saw my five-year-old niece, Lilah, sleeping in my brother's arms.

"Oh yes, bow down to my mighty presence, little brother. I am the King of Alladora," he said, lowering his tone to sound intimidating. My niece stirred in his hold. "Sit back down, Nicholas Astor, before you wake my child up. Trust me, you don't want that," Amy threatened, and my henpecked brother obediently sat back down with the sleeping Lilah in his arms.

"She is our child, honey, not only yours but mine too," he sulked. How childish. I can't believe he is going to be the next King of Alladora. If you are wondering what I am rambling about, fear not; I am about to introduce myself. So, ladies and gentlemen, where shall we begin?

I am Second Prince Augustus Astor of Alladora, England. Sitting with me is my big brother, Nicholas Astor, the Crown Prince of Alladora, Amy Astor, my sister-in-law, the Crown Princess, and their one and only daughter, Delilah Astor. You might not want to hear our full names; they are quite long.

After they finished bickering with each other, they looked at me with that 'We need a vacation' look. "Please go ahead, brother. What do you wish for me to do? And speak freely, there is no pressure," I spoke up before they could beat around the bush.

"You know my coronation is after the Spring Festival. So, Amy and I decided to go to Paris where we first met, to spend more time with each other. And probably try to make a second baby," Nicholas said happily, only to be hit on the head by Amy. I saw that coming.

"How crude," she blushed in embarrassment. "And what is my role in that?" I asked with a straight face. By now, I was used to their public displays of affection. "You just need to look after Delilah," Amy said, smiling, but I could see the worry in her eyes.

"Well, I would love to spend some time with my niece, and Grandma is also there to look after her. What could go wrong?" But little did I know.

After Nico and Amy left, I put Delilah in the room beside mine and tucked her into bed as she was still sleeping soundly. I then went to my study room to finish the book I had started. I didn't notice the time; it was noon.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the familiar soft giggles of my niece. I walked to the window to see Lilah playing in the mud, her small figure fully covered in it. My mind went blank.

"Jesus Christ, Lilah!"

______________
VOTE
To make my life better, I'm this 🤏 close to commit a homicide.
Tz