05. broken promises

Chapter Five / Broken promises

"If I knew then, what I know now

"If I knew then, what I know now. I would've never
let you in, I would've burned it to the ground." ——
THE ONE THAT SHOULD'VE GOT AWAY, Nessa Barrett

       MOM WAS ALSEEP WHEN NIKITA was lying on the couch having her much needed after work break

The young woman could not stop thinking about her experience last night at Freddy Fazbear's. That place put another little kid in danger. Nikita promised herself to not go near that place again (but Mike seemed to have other plans), she wasn't good enough mentally anymore to do so.

Ever since she got home from the mall, Nikita had the television on. She flipped continuously through channels in hopes to remove the silence but nothing satisfied her. So, she let her hand fall limp - the remote still in its hold - as her thumb pressed a button to let the television flicker to a steady black screen.

A sigh released from her throat, her head falling back on one of the couch's pillows.

She wasn't used to the home being silent. She was used to the sound of her mother's voice, not her soft snoring. She was used to the sound of her brother's feet stomping on the ground, not him being out with friends.

This meant she had no one to entertain her, except herself. She didn't know what to do.

Her eyes flickered down - like the screen of the TV did previously - to her sock covered feet that were almost plastered to the floor. She then looked at her torso as she noticed her hoodie was still on. She was wondering why she was getting warm. She took the gray hoodie off to reveal a pink t-shirt.