Chp 2- Friendship was a mesmerizing quest ❣

PAST

Noah

The Next day , I woke up to the sounds of chirping birds & a beautiful sunrise . New day , New beginnings  , I told myself to stop sulking about the past and  begin again. I got up from my bed , drew aside the curtains of my room & enjoyed the magical sunrise. It felt like today was gonna be the 'rainbow after all that rain'. I took a long shower & felt proud of wearing my new uniform. I did look handsome in my uniform though. Like everyday , a private bus picked me up but today it was different , I saw Scarlett , she looked beautiful looking out of the window . She was listening to music.  She looked lost & upset. After what happened yesterday I didn't have the courage to sit beside her in the bus . So , I took a seat behind her. All throughout our journey to school , I saw many guys trying to approach her . They were trying to flirt with her and coax her into telling  them her name but she was pretty cold to all of them. She ignored most of them & gave them signals to get lost. I wondered why she tried to empathize with me when she keeps a distance from every single freaking boy.

After a while , her beautiful, open hair started flying to the side of her neck. Her neck had an extremely seductive charm , staring at it for a whole decade wouldn't make me tired.

Scarlett

Today , I felt extremely weak. I couldn't even make out what was going on in class. My heart felt like a stone. I tried a lot to cry but I wasn't able to shed a single tear. I could make out that I was pretty much dead inside. All the grief inside me felt like rotten apples , the strong smell of it almost numbed my body. I didn't really know what this feeling was. It was a mixed feeling of regret of not protesting back for what my parents did to me and a feeling telling me to let it all go. I wasn't sad though , guess I got used to it. The bruises on my body were stinging like molten fire , I hadn't bandaged it yet , the mark of my dad's Van heusen belt was extremely visible on my thighs. I made sure to cover them up with my fine black leggings. I was lost in my thoughts when I heard a sudden thud from the teachers table. Our teacher was banging the table with a duster, like she does every time when she has to make an announcement. " Attention students , we have a new classmate , Noah James......."  Then the rude stranger from yesterday walked into our class. My instincts went crazy as hell. Even though I had liked him at first sight, the way he talked to me yesterday will never fade away from my mind. "Hello everyone, I'm Noah. Nice to meet you all & I hope to making this year memorable & fun filled . Thankyou", said Noah. "Umm let me find a place for ya. Ohh , feel free  to sit near Scarlett, she'll help you in the future" said our carefree homeroom teacher. She didn't really seem to care about anything. She just wanted to get it over with. Then Noah started walking towards me with a tint of red on his cheeks &  took his seat beside me. He said " Hello, good to meet you" forgetting everything that happened yesterday. I ignored him & didn't speak at  all. I didn't hold grudges really, but once someone becomes hypocritic, I just get too frustrated. Even being rude wasn't  such a problem but I have hated hypocrites since I was a child. My parents were monsters to me & bright white angels to the outside world. 

Noah

Today , I finally had the courage to walk into my class . Who knew!! Scarlett , the only person I actually knew in this school would be in my class. I suddenly started getting shy for no reason when the teacher told me to sit beside her. But she was clearly avoiding me , she didn't seem to care about me , can't blame her after what happened yesterday.... I thought of apologizing to her but I was pretty sure that wouldn't make her feel any better. So I just pretended we never saw each other on the rooftop. Honestly , she was the only person I felt comfortable around.... in California.