ƭωσ ᥫ᭡.

a/n: go read issues by Louiexx mwahhh

机の上
On the desk, a call,

おにぎりの誘い
Rice ball's tempting allure

昼の幻
Noontime illusion

・○・・○・

'one month before'

in the quiet space filled with corporate whispers, muffled music from Itadori's earphones and distant wandering minds, miwa's desk alarm disturbed the silence.

ah...lunch time.

I wonder what I should eat for lunch today.

Rice balls sound quick and good.

Maybe some soup.

"Ah one minute, I have another call. can I put you on hold? Great thank you" Miwa said before putting the phone at her desk on hold then eventually she hung up.

"and off" your blue haired coworker said ceremonially as she immediately paused what she was doing to put her computer on sleep then she started pushed out from under her desk.

"useless miwa is out" she said in a sing-song tone before she grabbed her bag and left.

miwa was very devoted to her lunch period.

miwa always left as soon as the clocks hands fell on 12 since she often went in the town for lunch at her parents ramen shop.

"i feel like if that took a minute later i'd be foaming at the mouth" yuuji moaned, stretching as he yawned then took out his earphones. kugisaki agreed.

"you're not kidding, and i was so tired last night i forgot to pack a bento" kugisaki sighed, leaning back in her chair and her amber eyes settled on the busily working intern.

you.

"Sucks to be you, I guess you'll have to hit the cafeteria. I brought rice and curry from last night. I'm surprised Todo didn't find it in the fridge" he scratched his faded pink hair in confusion as he stood.

"the cafeteria food is only decent on Fridays, Mondays and Tuesdays though. Wednesdays take so long come to around that they stop giving a fuck how they cook and what the cook" Kugisaki swore with a certain passion then tearfully added "I swear this is my last day here. I'm leaving this place"

but this was your second week there and she was yet to hand in her resignation.

your first day still felt no fresher a memory than the passing hour.

____

your memory remained fresh from the events that landmarked it with your starting day being just a day after the director passed away. the atmosphere was gloom and off-putting.

everyone wondered around like headless chicken in the lobby with hushed gossip about the new director coming in.

you didn't hear much as you were too focused on trying to figure out what foot usually led your steps.