ꪻꫝ᥅ꫀꫀ ᥫ᭡.

a/n: age range for this book:
Toji and everyone his age group are around 32.
Gojo and everyone around his age :28.
Maki, Mai and their age group : 26
Nobara, itadori and the rest their age : 24
Y/n : 23

●・○・●・○・●

┌──═━┈━═──┐
three
└──═━┈━═──┘

蛍踊りて、
fireflies swirl with glee

机の散らばり、
desk clutter becomes confetti

残業の舞台。
overtime's dance floor

most evenings you were the last to leave from your department. not because your role was so important that you had to stay. but because your coworkers had found use in having you proofread and tidying up their databases.

most times with your payment being the reoccurring statement.

"You're so reliable"

and their praise made you drunk. so you worked like a power crazed maniac as they sat in each of their rides home envisioning the therapeutical reunion with their beds.

on another note, you wondered if you put off leaving early to avoid the panic of searching for the dress.

Nobara sent you several catalogs along with articles about what to wear and not to wear when going to your first major social party.

and the world of the socialites was a world you were very unclear about.

in the calm of the silent room since you were one of the very few that had been putting in overtime, the modest clunk of heels sounded.

slow and daunting with a brag of confidence in each step.

enter the bobbed ravenette. the beautiful lean executive secretary that you had only seen once, on the day of your interview.

you only stared because her presence demanded attention but you never figured that she would stop right by the cubicle you worked in.

her navy blue dress accentuated her figure so neatly that it seemed that she was just on her way to work rather than the next way around.

"I heard rumors that you often stayed late. isn't it too early to be overworking? Overtime isn't included in your contract you know" her eyes closed with a polite smile and your hands froze.

her tone made you feel apologetic.

"Zenin-san" at the sound of her family name, mai looked at you , "oh. I don't have to introduce myself"

"I didn't mean to overstay, I just wanted to lessen the load on everyone's plate"

"I can see that's what you're doing. yet you're adding to mine"

"I'm sorry?"

"did you receive the rsvp I sent for the director's welcome party?"