Chapter 3: Meeting David

scene 1>

Micheal and David glance over and watched me and Sam again from afar..

"I guess I should be getting back, we're heading home soon," Micheal says calmly.

"Sure.." David replies coolly as he enjoys his cigarette.

Micheal gives a friendly smirk and starts walking away

"ready to go home, Mike?" Sam asks in a raised voice as Micheal approaches.

David observes and hears Sam's voice over the crowd of people..

I stand there in silence and look at them..

"yeah, Mom is probably waiting," Micheal says after joining us.

I had a small bright smile painted across my face as I watched my two adoptive brothers speak with each other..

"C'mon, guys.." Micheal says as he starts walking in David's direction again.

the exit of the boardwalk was back the way he came.

Sam and I followed him..

while we traveled back to the exit, Sam was fiddling with his new comics, reading while he was walking.

a thought popped into his mind and he suddenly looked back to make sure I was with him, "Cherry.." he looks back at me and grabs my jacket sleeve, tugging me.

"Sam, I'm right here behind you.." I say.

I moved closer to his side and look down at him, "Sam, you shouldn't read while trying to walk, it's dangerous, put them away until we get to the car." I gently scolded him the moment we passed by David and his friends.

David made sure to pay close attention to us (specifically me) as we passed them.

after we had gone, he and his buddies quietly looked at each other, smirking excitedly

when we reached the exit/entrance of the boardwalk I saw Lucy in the distance, waiting by the car for us to show up.

the moment she noticed us a sweet motherly smile stretched across her face..

"did you guys enjoy your night?" she asks interested.

"it was great mom, I bought some new comics," Sam replied excitedly.

"well, that's nice.." she says smiling, touching him on the back quickly before he ran over to the front passenger seat in a hurry.

"we'll meet you guys at home, we'll be right behind you," Micheal says as he and I start walking away toward his bike.

"Okay, you two be safe please," she says while opening her door.

before she got in the car she watched to make sure we made it to Micheal's bike..

Micheal and I hopped on his bike and shortly followed Lucy and Sam home.

scene 1 end.)

scene 2 start>

when we arrived home the four of us walked up the stairs together, chatting about our time out tonight.

"so I know Sam had a fun night, but what about you two?" Lucy asks playfully while unlocking the door.

"it wasn't too bad, there was a lot of cool stuff to check out," Micheal says.

Lucy peaks over at me, "Cherry?" she says smiling.

I was looking away dwelling in my own world, "Oh.." I snap out of it and face her, "I had a great time, thank you." I say politely.

she nods lightly, "Well, I'm glad you both had fun too." she assures while softly looking at me.

I gave her a small grin in return and we all went inside for the night.

scene 2 end.)

scene 3 start>

the next day we spent inside doing some more unpacking, the process was a little bit more chaotic, we had junk everywhere, sometimes tripping over empty boxes.

but eventually, we cleared things up toward the end of the day.

there was still some more to do but for the most part, we were done.

so after we had eaten dinner, the four of us started talking about last night.

seeing as we liked the boardwalk the first time, Lucy thought it was a great idea if we went back.

she was talking about going to explore the town and the shops there while Sam, Micheal, and I were at the boardwalk..

it was also a place near the ocean.

we all agreed so we made plans and left after a while..

scene 3 end.)

scene 4 start>

Lucy dropped Sam off with us and then she left for town, "bye guys! Have fun!" she shouted from the car.

we all briefly held up our hands to say goodbye to her and turned to walk away..

"Another night of fun, heh heh." Sam chuckles funnily, with his eyes set on the comic bookstore.

he pushes his way through Micheal and me, I grunt and sigh, "Hey, Sam be careful alright?!" I call out to him as he ran.

I turn and face Micheal, "he'll be fine, hey, I'm going to go exploring on my own this time, you owe me." I hit his shoulder playfully with a smirk.

"that's fair, I'll see you later then," he says and goes his own way.

I stand there and look around first, deciding where to go.

after a few minutes, I decided to go north towards the faris wheel.

Trying to find my way through a crowd of people, I constantly moved side to side trying to avoid hitting or clashing with someone.

I didn't notice at first, but there was a tall guy with white hair, dressed in black coming towards me.

we were both walking pretty fast..

When we passed each other, he bumped into me.

My shoulder scraped against his upper arm..

The impact sort of knocked me for a loop, I nearly lost my balance and fell.

I immediately stop and turn around to look back at him..

His back was toward me for a moment before he finally stops and turns around as well..

"Sorry, did I bump you?" He asks while slowly approaching me.

I shyly stare at him in silence..

"Uh- um-" I stutter.

"Yeah, that was my fault I should have been paying attention, sorry," I reply while my gaze shifted around.

He grins, "Don't beat yourself up about it.."

"I wasn't paying much attention either." He says, but it wasn't the whole truth.

"It happens.." I assure nervously.

He held a lit cigarette in his left hand, bringing it up to his lips to take a puff off of it.

He stares at me curiously..

I stare back, my lips were slightly parted and I was in thought.

While we stood there idle in a sea of moving people navigating around us, the sound of motorcycle engines pierced the air.

The sound got louder and louder until three bikes drove up and encircled us.

I look around to see three young guys mounted on them..