Prologue at the End

First it was just a small hand, carefully feeling its way across the border, then a second hand. A guest! My third guest. The second guest was livening everything up, what excitement might the third bring?

I joyfully clasped that hand, and gently pulled the little visitor into a dream. She was a little younger than I was expecting, but no matter. Her memories of our meeting might not remain though. In her youthfulness, the momentary dream state of our meeting would likely slide directly into her subconscious, unable to linger in her mind.

No matter!

First, I placed a kiss on her forehead- a blessing of magic. All in my world receive this blessing, and guests are no exception. Then I held her small hands together, cupped inside my own and asked her what she wanted the most.

She didn't answer, instead looking confused into my eyes. The way she met my eyes was enough. I understood her- she didn't know what I was asking her, but she wanted to understand. She gently nodded as if to ask me to speak again, so I repeated my question more slowly.

Ah, I get it. She wanted to understand me, but she couldn't. That was her wish!

I released her hands and wrapped her in an embrace, placing one more kiss on her forehead- and with that she was blessed with comprehension. In my world, so long as they were words intending meaning, she would understand them, and be understood.

I told her that her existence would cause a special gemstone to form in the east where the protectors of history live, and that it could be used to seal her up if her behaviour was bad.

Then, I released her and sent her out of the dream. She continued through the border between worlds and then began her adventure of a lifetime.

Oh, silly me, I hadn't used my own comprehension when I asked her wish.

Well, what's done is done.

Now, its time to watch over my world. What will happen this time?