HUMANITY: Unified Earth Government (UEG)

Unified Earth Government

_____________________________________________

Formation: July 7, 2075 ES

Head of State: President Ruth Charet - 2183

Capital: Sydney, Australia, Earth

Territory: Earth, Sol System, Orion Colonies

Branches: United Nations (Reorganized)

- United Nations Space Command

- CAA (Absorbed into UNSC)

- CMA (Absorbed into UNSC)

- SDF (ShockPoint Security)

- Systems Alliance (Founding Member)

_____________________________________________

The Unified Earth Government traces its origins back to the early days of human colonization of the Sol system in the late 21st century. It was conceived in 2075 ES to be under the auspices of the United Nations, a representative, public-facing organization to facilitate extraterrestrial colonial commerce, exploration, and industry.

Conflicts between the Frieden movement, the vanguard of Vladimir Koslov, and a coalition of individual UN nations in South America, on Mars, and throughout the Jovian Moons encouraged the Secretariat of the United Nations to officially involve itself in the Interplanetary War with a mandate to stabilize the system and deter further aggression, establishing the United Nations Space Command in 2163 ES.

Persistent and widespread chaos of the decade past would result in the Callisto Treaty of 2170 ES, spurring great reform in support of Earth nationalism. Originally little more than a mere function of the Secretariat, the UEG would begin to see radical change, evolving from a ministry to a federal executive, legislative, and judicial body, eventually subordinating the United Nations itself. All existing supranational organizations, independent nation and city-states, and their respective territorial possessions and claims on Earth and on extraterrestrial bodies; and all independent planetary and satellite colonies throughout Sol would be subject to the UEG.

Most human-occupied systems are known to encompass a relatively wide radius of the Orion Arm of the Milky Way galaxy, in various stages of colonization, from the well developed Inner Colonies to the relatively recent and struggling Outer Colonies. By 2321 ES there were over 800 worlds under human control, ranging from small outposts and settlements to thriving colonies and military strongholds. Most of the colonies under the influence of the UEG were under the direct governance of the Colonial Administration Authority (CAA). Originally military oversight for the colonies was provided chiefly by the Colonial Military Authority, though the UNSC eventually usurped its duties due to widesread corruption in the CMA's ranks.

In 2349 ES the UEG alongside eighteen of the largest human colonies signed the Systems Alliance charter, after the discovery of the Mass Relay Network.

Following the First Contact War of 2357 ES the UEG turned it's focus to stabilizing the Orion Colonies, allowing the Systems Alliance to represent humanity in the greater galactic community.

_____________________________________________