4️⃣. Rescue

Parents love in silence.

Ismail growled and ran toward her swiping his blade mercilessly. Yasmine held her short sword at arm's length and slashed it out to block his sword strongly. She used the force to slide beside him and rushed over to pick up her other sword quickly.

Ismail was surprised at her slimy move but had to block as she came attacking with both swords now. Ismail saw that he was at the losing end and a sly smile formed on his face. He started aiming for her chest making her block rather than attacking.

Najwa's face was red from crying, anger, and embarrassment. She had no idea that her sister could fight and was happy that they could escape this place but this monster was now harassing her sister to win.

"What now woman? I thought you were tough," Ismail snickered enjoying the fact that he was gaining an upper hand.

Yasmine just glared at the shameless man before her, her golden eyes glaring like amber. If this goes on, she would be forced to back down and run but this man will end up ruining her sister's reputation.

Ismail suddenly increased the force in his hand leading to one of her swords being thrown away. Before she reacted, his sword was on her neck. Luckily, she used he realized that sword to hold it but she was clearly at a disadvantage.

"Ukhtiy!" Najwa yelled and her lips wobbled. "Please let her go, Ismail. I'm the one you want,"

Ismail spat on the ground and curled his lips. "I knew it was you sayyidati Yasmine. No one can forget these mesmerizing eyes," he said and reached out for her niqab.

"I dare you Ismail and I swear by Allah that I will slit your throat even at the cause of my life!' she snarled at him and for some seconds the man got scared from the might in her voice.

"You dared to threaten me in this situation!" he growled and tried to swipe the niqab with the sword but he felt a prickly pain on his neck.

"Try that and you would be dead," he heard a low voice from behind him and that confirmed that a sword was on his neck.

Ismail's eyes widened and he felt fear for the first time. If this person can come behind him without notice, they must be skilled.
"Who are you?" he asked, keeping his voice strong.

"Does that matter?" the man asked back lazily. "If I were you, I would shift my sword immediately,"

Ismail sneered and replied, "And if I were you, I would stop with the threats. I can ruin this woman's life with a single statement,"

The man stayed quiet and his eyes met with Yasmine's and despite the plea and restlessness in them, he could still see the fierceness. This was absent earlier and he never expected those calm eyes to turn like this.

He shifted his gaze and slid his sword a little making Ismail grimace.
"You are a disgrace to men," he said slowly and called out, "Faiz!" He didn't wait and grabbed Ismail's shoulder and yanked him to himself. He kicked his back and the man staggered to the ground. Ismail didn't waste time and tried to escape but he was knocked on the head with a sword hilt.

Yasmine picked up her sword and looked at the Sayid from the flower shop. His face was still covered but she recognized him, not only from the eyes but the similar clothes he was still wearing.

"Shukran," she tipped her head and thanked him.

"Forget about it. A crime can't be ignored," he returned casually. Yasmine breathed and went over to Najwa enveloping her in a hug.

"I am sorry ukhtiy. I almost put you in danger. Forgive me," Najwa cried remorsefully. Yasmine rubbed her sister's back trying to calm her down.

"Take her home," she heard the man say. Her sister was still in shock. Yasmine tilted her head to look at him and pointed at Ismail who was held down by Faiz. The idiot was still smirking.

"Don't worry about him. I will make sure that he doesn't talk, In Sha Allah. You have my word," the man said with sincerity in his voice. 

Yasmine nodded and said, "I will take that as a promise Sayid. If you do otherwise, I will hunt you down,"

She heard him chuckle and he clasped his hands behind him. "You don't even know me, where will you find me?"

Yasmine narrowed her eyes and returned in a low voice, "I would die if something happened to my sister and my ghost will hunt you. Thank you again," she didn't wait and took her sister away.

The man was speechless and turned to Faiz who quickly lowered his head. "Don't tell anyone," the man warned and Faiz nodded. He then walked over to Ismail and crouched down.

"I work in the palace and my master would search for me if I am gone. Who do you think you are to keep me?" Ismail smirked.

The man hummed and grabbed Ismail's chin. "Now let's not start talking about who we are alright? I made a promise and a promise, I will keep. I don't want to be hunted."

He smiled inwardly knowing very well that her thoughts would hunt him.

The two sisters were quiet as they rushed back home. Najwa didn't dare say anything because she knew how her sister could be when she was angry. The amount of regret she was feeling right now was beyond imagination. Not only did she endanger her life and dignity, she almost threw her sister into the pit. If they weren't saved today, she didn't know what would have happened. Allah forbid.

They reached home and Yasmine locked the gate before heading to Najwa's room. She sat down on the bed and loosened her niqab.
"I will be moving into your room tomorrow," she said while removing her abaya.

Najwa immediately fell on her knees and started crying bitterly. "I am sorry ukhtiy. Please forgive me. I swear by Allah that it wasn't my intention. I thought that Baba didn't want me to marry Ismail because of his personal reasons and chose to believe in Ismail but he….Ukhtiy I'm sorry," she cried with lowered head.

Yasmine stared at her sister and her eyes were pearly with tears. "What personal reasons Najwa?" she asked in a calm voice.

Najwa hesitated before speaking, "Baba said that I am stubborn and needed more training before getting married and that if I were to be wedded now, I would ruin the family's reputation,"

Yasmine came down before her sister and undid her niqab. Najwa's face was red from crying and her eyes were puffy. Yasmine pursed her lips and wiped her sister's face with her palms.
"Hayatiy, listen to me," she said softly and their gazes met. "Baba doesn't hate you for who you are. Your enthusiasm and optimism bring joy and happiness to our family. I can never do that and no one can replace you. Baba adores it, and so does Maman and me. He told you that so that he could make you back out and hide the truth about Ismail so that it wouldn't break your heart,"

Najwa cried more hearing this and Yasmine quickly hugged her tightly. She rubbed her back and uttered firmly, "It's okay. It's okay. Allah saved you today and he will always. He watches over us and guides us. Ask for his guidance and you won't be lost. Nothing happened today and I won't let similar happen. In Sha Allah,"

"I love you ya Ukhtiy," Najwa sniffed burying her head in her sister's hair.

"I love you too. Now calm down. This is our little secret," Yasmine said and Najwa nodded. She held her for a while before wiping her tears again and leading her to the bathroom. They performed wudu and prayer two namaz before going to bed. Yasmine didn't leave her sister alone that night.

Do you love this other side of Yasmine?😃