1

1813

I'm Taylor Alison Swift, I wish I wouldn't have to brag about myself but here I go anyways. My parents basically own everything the eye can see here. I was their only daughter so a lot is expected of me if they were to ever pass away. It's bound to happen one day but I like to imagine it never will because I can't handle 1% of what they do.

This year I will turn 18. Yes it's just number to me but this is the year where I am to look for a possible husband before I get old and monstrous. I'm not really attracted to the idea of marriage, it sounds more like prison to me. Just as I mentioned though I don't think I would be able to handle 1% of what my parents do being alone. Plus it looks sad to see a woman with no husband, a woman with no husband means there's something clearly wrong with her.

A pebble is thrown at my window causing me to stop daydreaming about my future. If anything it were a nightmare to me. I open my window to find Joe, Joe Alwyn, my best friend you can say. I've thought about Joe being a candidate for my husband.

"Good morning Ms.Swift will thy let your long hair down" he screams and bows down

I laugh out loud. He is a comedian the way he acts. I'm sure even he has thought of marrying me because I think I'm the only who truly laughs at his jokes.

"That is definitely one of the worst things you've ever said" I say

He's very handsome and he comes from good family which is all anyone needs to know to marry someone. Love isn't really found in marriage, it's why I'm not attracted to the idea. I love Joe but not in a love love kind of way. I love him as the friend he is but maybe I'll grow to love him romantically. That's what my mom says.

"Will you be attending the William's palace tonight if yes will you be my company" he asks

"Joe you could have just knocked to ask that, but yes why not it's not like you have another choice" I tease him

"I certainly do if anything you're the lucky one Swift" he says

"I doubt that" I say as I close my window

I wonder what the Williams were celebrating today. It's very strange for them to host a ball.

I walk down stairs to meet my parents who were already ready for the day sitting on the dining table.
My father reading his news paper and my mom signing who knows how many documents.

"Well look who finally decided to wake up" my father says rolling up his newspaper and putting it the side where the maid retrieves it and takes it far away. I run to him and give him a kiss on the cheek as always.

"What did I tell you about oversleeping dear?" My mother says

"It's all that partying that's got her like that" my father says

"Oh come on dad like if you weren't partying up with mom" I say

"For your information I wasn't, I was working hard to get to where I'm at something you youth do not seem to be concerned with" he says

I don't get offended by anything my dad says because he's very sarcastic so I've become immune to it plus he never means any of it. But he's right us youth don't really worry about our future because unfortunately it is already set for most of us. I don't want to be the owner of anything but because my parents are so I must be as well.

My dream is to be a writer, I love writing every little detail of my life. But unfortunately just like everything, women can't do anything that has to do with education. Luckily for me, Joe helped with that by sneaking English books into my hands.