2. Traitors And Traditions

__________________________

3rd Person POV
__________________________

Throughout the extended and drawn out history of their existence, Shinobis, Kunoichis, or even 'Ninjas', as some may say, have garnered incomparable infamy, all for the reasons behind which their organizations came to be-some charitable at heart, and the rest? Malicious beyond belief.

Sabotage, espionage, blackmail, assassinations, and a whole other assortment of services can be found to be provided by these associations-all neatly and properly packed to the brim like baskets full of wondrous and colorful personalities, ready to act at a moment's notice.

Be it during times of war or tense peaces, these warriors would find themselves, time and time again, employed by one side or the other at the end of the night, no matter the situation of the political landscape.

One great example can especially be derived from the Golden Ages of the Samurai Clans, in which rivaling factions would dig up whatever dirt that they could get their hands on, all for the sake of gaining even just a single step forwards, and ever since then, the requirement for men and women such as these has not diminished in the slightest.

Yes, the requirement and need for a magical cast of figures who are capable of ending wars and deciding battles before they've even begun. Figures who, whether intentionally or not, act simply as they are told to, never questioning and always maintaining a world of fractured peace, that's perpetually suspended in such a state.

Yet, as all things do, even these eternal wars found themselves at the World's End sooner rather than later, and as the number of clans seemingly kept decreasing and decreasing, the flames of war continued to be extinguished-completely snuffed out from the lands of Japan.

This unity under one flag and one banner effectively meant that the age of the Shinobi was over, and with the future now only containing a vision of dwindling influence, these assassins of the night faded into obscurity, their services never to be needed again.

But even so, not everyone was content with being forgotten like this.

No, their pride and their ambitions could never allow such a vile transgression upon their honor to take place, and with a slipping grasp on reality, they clung on to whatever life they could find.

And once all was said and done, a singular name is all that remained of the legacy of the Shinobis, a name that continues to be whispered throughout the lands.

A name that continues to be cursed and defiled for all ages to come.