New times for old souls

Chapter Song: Inuyasha - My Will

This was not the Christmas Eve you had in mind.

It was true you didn't actually think you would spend it doing Christmassy things, rather studying for your exams and maybe, just maybe , putting on a Christmas movie before bed. You certainly didn't expect you would spend it in the presence of the most obnoxious, arrogant, vile son of a bi—man to walk this planet.

And it was all Isabel's fault.

Well, your fault for forgetting your laptop in her car, but ultimately her fault for blackmailing you with it.

"It will be fun!" she said.

"Levi's not so bad once you get to know him," she said.

"I'm sure you two will hit it off!"

All utter, evil, bloody lies.

"I don't enjoy this more than you do, trust me."

And there he was. The man in question and the current object of your scorn and hatred.

You scoffed, crossing your arms over your chest. "And whose fault is that, I wonder ?"

He gave a long sigh. Black locks of hair fell on his forehead as he briefly hung his head between his shoulders. Against the kaleidoscope of lights surrounding you, his hair looked even darker, his gray eyes brighter — almost silver.

You stopped yourself short. This was not the moment to admire his features. No matter how pretty you didn't want to admit he was.

"I told you it was an accident." He looked at you, and the aggravation in the tone of his voice only further contributed to your already thinly stretched patience.

"An accident?! It was an accident?!"

You almost jumped out of your seat, causing the cabin of the Ferris wheel to sway dangerously. Levi's hands futilely reached out to anything he could grab on, his murderous scowl lancing through you.

"If I throw you off by accident , would that make it alright?!"

"As if that would be the same," his voice almost drowned out the merry, annoying carols playing in the background, as he defended himself probably for the 100th time.

And yet, his excuses did nothing for your crimson anger.

"You fucking broke my laptop with your ass! What kind of person doesn't even look down before they throw themselves on a seat?!"

"I couldn't have known you left your laptop in Isabel's car, exactly where I would sit, now could I?"

"I didn't leave it there! She kidnapped it!"

With all the strength you could muster, you held yourself back from strangling him when he rolled his eyes at you.

Again.

Probably for the 100th time too.

"You could've at least looked before you sat down, for Christ's sake!"

The cabin rocked back and forth once again, the Christmas market from below looking further by the second on your way to the top.

You didn't even know how you ended up on the Ferris wheel. Correction, you didn't even know how you ended up on the Ferris wheel with the one person you currently hated the most in this world.

Once you and Isabel picked her friends up, and Levi broke your laptop with his ass, you couldn't see anything in front of your eyes anymore. Couldn't hear or remember anything, except for a blinding need to murder the man.