4. Beau

Beau

October 5th, 2005
7:48 PM

Seattle, WA 

   "Beau? Where are you? Charlie is going crazy looking for you," Jacob asked. I could hear the anger and worry in his voice. "The pack is looking everywhere for you. Seriously, where are you?"

   "Port Angeles," I said, and of course, the vampire I just decapitated had to make a death-rattling sound.

   "You are killing vampires, aren't you... We killed every vamp in Port Ang- You're in Seattle, aren't you," Jacob said, and I didn't answer. I grunted as I poured some lighter fluid over some of the vampire corpses and lit it before another one could sneak attack me or the dead ones came back to life. "Shit, shit, shit, Are you crazy? Seattle is overrun with vamps. You are going to get yourself killed,"

   "Why did you say it?"

   "Say what?"

   "Why did you say you love me?" I shouted and heard a sigh, "You promised you wouldn't catch feelings, and don't you dare lie and say it's just because we are friends. You haven't acted the same since mentioning it,"

   "I can't help it, you're a badass... It seems like a lull. Hurry up and run off before any more bloodsuckers," He said, and I kicked the boombox, sounding off a sound that would irritate the vampires lurking around. "Fuck Beau..." Jacob mumbled as he could hear it, too. It irritated werewolves, too. I got the disc from a werewolf hunter that Jacob and I took it down a few months ago.

   I hung up, and the next 30 minutes were just me killing vampires and playing the sound. A couple put up a fight and bit me, but I fought the pain. I grabbed two heads by the hair and tossed them in the fire. I put a dent in the population. There were 78 vampires burning up and 13 newborn vamps after that.

   I felt another one approaching, so I turned around, grabbed my knife, and got my gun ready to shoot in its temple, but I hesitated when I looked him in the eyes... Edward, I had stabbed him in the chest, but it wasn't hitting his heart. He strained and overpowered me, grabbing the handle of my gun and knife.

   "You stole my Volvo," He snapped, "You are such an idiot. Hurry up, get the other bodies in the fire, and get out of here before anyone else shows up."

   "No, I can kill more..."

   "You have killed enough. The cops are on their way. How are you going to explain all these bodies," He said, and I groaned, listening to his demands before grabbing the boombox and running to the Volvo.

   He took the driver's seat and spun out... it was worse when I was still. I tried to let the awkward silence remain, but as the venom ate away at my skin, I let out a slight gasp. Edward observed me and sniffed. "You were bitten,"

   "Yeah... I will be fine," I said before shouting at him when he turned the left blinker on, driving into an alleyway. "I am fine. Get your hands off of me!"

   "If I don't get the venom out, then you're not going to die like you want to. There is a high percentage that you might turn into a vampire too... and I am sure you do not want that to happen," he snapped back at me, and I crossed my arms. That's when the pain and itching kicked in, I whimpered in pain, and he found the bite on my neck and sucked the venom out.

   "Fuck," I winced as he closed the wound, he searched my body, and I quickly took off my hoodie.

   "Shit... you're covered in bites," He sighed, and I looked down to see that there were at least eight more bites, he went ahead and started paying attention to those. "Take off your jeans,"

   "N-No, I am fine, I think that is the last of them,"

   "No, I can still smell blood," He told me and was insistent.

   "I don't trust you,"

   "That's fine if you want to become a vampire too... maybe Carlisle will let you have his third office as a room. You could be the eighth Cullen," He said, knowing I would obey. There were six more bites on my legs from the decapitated heads still chewing on their way down to the ground.

   "I am not taking off my underwear..."

   "I didn't ask you to," Edward said, focused on sniffing. He ran his hand down my arm, resting on my wrist. He saw the cuts and that wound I gave myself, killing that vamp with Royal and Archie. I snatched my hand away and dressed myself back up.

   "Well... go, I don't want to be stuck in this damn car with you more than I have to..." I told him, and he sighed. He put his wrist in his mouth and snagged his fang against it. "No, absolutely not, no,"

   "You have to. You have lost too much blood. this will help you heal before we are back in Forks." He said, and I glared at him. He pushed his wrist against my lips, and I tried to push him away, but yet again, he overpowered me.

   I felt like I was about to puke. Blood tasted disgusting, but it was even worse when it was vampire blood. I know why he was doing this... In case I die from the blood loss or venom on my body, I would be able to come back as a vamp. "This will encourage you to stop making dumb decisions for 24 hours."

   "I hate you!"

   "I tried saving her..." Edward said, and I closed my eyes, "I tried so hard... it was her choice not to feed..." Edward said.

   Fiona, my stepmother, was attacked by a couple of vampires a couple of months ago... she was a hunter, and she taught me everything I know. Some vamps from a coven that she took down came back for revenge. 

   I had no heart to tell Dad she was gone, so I let him believe she left. I looked up as my eyelids fluttered. I was trying not to start to cry... I missed her so much. She was more of a parent than Charlie and Renee was. "Th-The last thing I said to her was that I hate her..."

   "She knew you didn't," Edward cupped my face, but I turned away.

   "I-If I had just let her kill you, then she would still be alive," I teared up. When Fiona found out about Edward and my relationship, she went ballistic. She handcuffed me to the bed and went to slaughter the Cullens, but her killers intercepted her. Edward was the one who found her, and he did the same thing that he just did to me because he has a savior complex.

   "Fiona's death wasn't my fault... and it wasn't your fault either," He said, looking into my eyes with the same intensity that made me fall for him in the first place... it infuriated me. "Just. drive..." I grit my teeth at him.

   "Why do you have to be so difficult..." Edward said through clenched teeth and sped off
Please Vote, Comment, Add to your lists, and share this story with a friend:).