𝐈𝐈 - 𝘛𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘥

└                                 𝘛𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘥

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁

FEBRUARY 1ST 2021

"If you ever find yourself in LA, we should get together." Buck says. "Sure. I got to mention though, I already have a boyfriend and it's pretty serious, so— uh— but— it was really nice meeting you, man. Take care." TK says, patting his chest. Buck was speechless.

MAY 20TH 2022

"MAYBE YOU SHOULD VISIT, TK." I tell my brother with a shrug. TK sighs. "Maybe. I don't know. But my gaydar was going off very loudly with that guy." The alarm goes off about a fire. Everyone gets their equipment on and hops in either the ambulance if they are a paramedic or the fire engine if they are a firefighter and everyone goes to the scene.

It was a house burning, Owen, my dad, comes up to the girl standing outside of the house. "Anyone in the house?" He asks. The girl nods. "My daughter. She's four." The firefighters except Owen start putting out the fire. My dad goes into the building to save the child.

I see a girl coming out from behind the house. She wasn't four though. She looked to be a teenager. "Captain Vega, I see another girl in the back but she looks to be a teenager." I say into the radio for the captain for the 126 paramedics, Tommy. I go behind the house and walk to her. "Hey, Austin FD. I'm here to help." I say.

"What's your name?" I ask, leading her over to the paramedics. "L-Leah." She says. "Well, Leah, you are in good hands. Did your mom not know you were in the house?" I ask. "S-She knew...this fire s-started because she burned my l-lesbian flag. She wants me dead." I was in shock. "Dispatch, send Austin PD to the scene." I say into the radio. "Copy that." Dispatch replies.

"No! She's m-my mom...I c-can't..." I sigh and get down on her level. "I know what it feels like to be trapped. I know a lot more than you think. But you have to get out of there." I say to Leah. She sniffles and I hug her.

Owen comes out with the four year old and gives her to the paramedics. "Cmon." I say, leading her over to the paramedics.

"Hey! Stay right there!" I yell at the mother as she tries to run when she sees Leah. TK takes Leah and I go after the mom and I keep her from running. The police arrive and Carlos gets out of the car.

"You want to explain how you kept your daughter in the house to burn because she's lesbian?" I ask. Carlos comes over and takes over. "You are under arrest for Abuse and attempted murder." Carlos starts reading off her rights.

I stand there, spaced out. If I could help her why can't I help myself? Owen comes over and hugs me. "You did a good thing, you know that?" I nod at his question.

That was my last call for the day before I went to my girlfriend, Zoe's, house. If I didn't, I knew what would happen. And it would be harder to cover my bruises. Sometimes I wonder why I can't get out. I help others get out. So why not myself? I couldn't even answer that question for you. Because I don't know.

"STRAND YOU FUCKING BITCH!" Zoe yells. I could tell she was drunk. "W-What did I do?" I stuttered. "YOU DIDN'T TAKE OUT THE TRASH AND WASH THE DAMN DISHES." She drinks more beer. I gulp as the first hit comes.

Why wasn't my relationship like others? Why wouldn't we stick together like glue?

I feel trapped.

After all the hits, I cleaned as I smoked a cigarette. I don't remember how many cigarettes I smoked but I started getting high out of my mind. After I cleaned I laid down in bed and continued to smoke. I pulled out my phone and I typed in TK's number and I started to text.

MESSAGES

TKKKKKKK. I WABT MORE CIGSSSS

This ain't TK.

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁

A/N: this is a somewhat short chapter because it's just the prologue. Longer chapters coming soon!

 Longer chapters coming soon!

"It's not puppy love, dad."
"It's really not, Mr. Strand."
"You both are 17. There for, puppy love."